Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

Posted (edited)

Home sweet home... Now it's time for another shower. Also, I'm glad I left the air conditioning cranked up the whole time I was gone. It's hot here... I guess I could've bumped it up to 72° while I was gone, but 66° sure feels nice to come home to.

PXL_20240602_204735363.thumb.jpg.86680f49712c60bb1cdf8e351fdbf544.jpg

PXL_20240602_204754187.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 20

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Home sweet home... Now it's time for another shower. Also, I'm glad I left the air conditioning cranked up the whole time I was gone. It's hot here... I guess I could've bumped it up to 72° while I was gone, but 66° sure feels nice to come home to.

PXL_20240602_204735363.thumb.jpg.86680f49712c60bb1cdf8e351fdbf544.jpg

PXL_20240602_204754187.jpg

Thank heaven you are back!!!!

• Like 2

And, just like Sunday afternoon at Augusta, one of my oldest vacation traditions... The pile of dirty laundry dumped out on the floor... One Platinum benefit that I'll probably never use. I just can't imagine my stuff rolling around on that massive washing machine with all those strangers' dirty drawers...

PXL_20240602_211302807.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 35

Probably the last thing I need after nine straight days and nights of drinking, but I really need to pass out good tonight. I got about 4 or 5 hours of sleep last night, and I need to be fully prepared to get pounded over at the 'ol salt mine tomorrow. Two good strong "magic" margaritas with the "good tequila" will hopefully do that. 

I also picked up some garlic Parmesan marinated chicken wings over at While Foods, and they're in the convection oven now. Bedtime estimate: 8:30 - 9:00...

PXL_20240602_222448597.jpg

• Like 32

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I just can't imagine my stuff rolling around on that massive washing machine with all those strangers' dirty drawers...

I’m pretty sure they don’t do it that way…

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

16 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Actually I think they do?  Separate bags but multiple people’s stuff?

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m pretty sure they don’t do it that way…

Yes, they put it in a "net" type structure, so that you're stuff stays together, BUT it goes in the giant washer with a WHOLE LOT of other people's stuff... There's absolutely no chance that they've got a crew of people down there doing laundry one paper bag at a time... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Yes, they put it in a "net" type structure, so that you're stuff stays together, BUT it goes in the giant washer with a WHOLE LOT of other people's stuff... There's absolutely no chance that they've got a crew of people down there doing laundry one paper bag at a time... 

You sure about that? Dry the same way? That stuff would be wrinkled. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Still, you have cleanish clothes 

I guess it’s better than a toilet brush on your sink. 

laundry +1

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Actually I think they do?  Separate bags but multiple people’s stuff?

I can’t see it. I’ve done the mesh bag thing in gym class and football and basic training just for shorts and t-shirts. But I can’t see my blue jeans being able to be washed in one of those mesh bags with  all of my other clothes. And in a machine big enough to  have all of that stuff from other people. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You sure about that? Dry the same way? That stuff would be wrinkled. 

Have you ever done the behind the scenes tour on board the ship? I've never done it myself, but I've read reviews and heard from other passengers that that's how they do it. These washing machines are ten feet tall...

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I can’t see it. I’ve done the mesh bag thing in gym class and football and basic training just for shorts and t-shirts. But I can’t see my blue jeans being able to be washed in one of those mesh bags with  all of my other clothes. And in a machine big enough to  have all of that stuff from other people. 

Do you see Keebler elves with tiny wash machines and dryers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever done the behind the scenes tour on board the ship? I've never done it myself, but I've read reviews and heard from other passengers that that's how they do it. These washing machines are ten feet tall...

Just as your local dry cleaner doesn’t just clean your clothes only in the machine. 

• Like 2

Just now, sid_9169 said:

I haven’t. I’d want to see it to believe it though. The videos I’ve found on YouTube don’t show guest laundry but the machines they do show aren’t that big.

IMG_1104.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

IMG_1102.png

• Like 6