Internet question…

I have already purchased the premium internet plan for my wife and I on an upcoming cruise.  It was like $22 per person per day. I see this new plan now though that includes more devices but also costs more. $75 a day vs a combined $44 for two separate premium plans.

My question is if it is easy to log off of wifi on one device and log onto another under the regular premium plan? Like for example, if I wanted to connect my Apple Watch via wifi but did not want to take my phone with me.

IMG_0375.jpeg

yes, it is easy. when connecting to the internet plan, you'll be prompted with a warning, that the previous device will be bumped off.

• Thanks 1

I don't think you'll be able to connect your Apple Watch to the wifi, it doesn't have a web-browser to navigate the captive portal.

My wife and I shared one premium WiFi Plan.  I checked my email every day between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m., which did not disturb her usage (or her sleep), and the other 22 hours were hers.  She was surprised that she had to log back in every morning, because I never told her that I was bumping her off.

• Haha 4

Anyone know if the $75 premium package per day for 4 devices have to all be in the same cabin?  We are a family of 6 and 3 cabins.  When I go in to order it, I have to choose which people and then my cart comes up with $1575!  No thank you!  Just wondering if we can get around that?

My DW and I have taken 22 cruises with carnival. We always buy the premium WiFi plan for one. When she wants to be on she logs on and it automatically kicks me off. And vice versa. Easy peezy. The WiFi is cheaper if you purchase it before boarding day.

Also, and this is Sunshine specific, the WiFi works great on lido, spotty with a lot of disconnects on decks 1 and 2. So we do our surfing on lido. 

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pamesacruisin said:

Anyone know if the $75 premium package per day for 4 devices have to all be in the same cabin?  We are a family of 6 and 3 cabins.  When I go in to order it, I have to choose which people and then my cart comes up with $1575!  No thank you!  Just wondering if we can get around that?

I'm not sure, since this plan is new for Carnival. Here is how I have heard it works on other lines:

Devices can be shared among those who have the code of the person ordering the plan, no matter what cabin they're in. One gotcha is that if all four devices are in use and a fifth one tries to log in, this new device gets on and you have no control over what device gets logged off, unless it's done manually just prior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1