Sandwiches on Oceania?

Saga Ruby

Howdy. First-time Oceania pax, long-time cruiser (since 1957). Sometimes on ships I get tired of all the fro-fro meals and want a good sandwich. On Celebrity they had a self-serve buffet with white bread only - ugh! So no sandwiches for this gal. On Saga, the maitre d' kindly arranged for an excellent hot dog and chips after I had tired of wild loin of reindeer with lingonberries. What is the sandwich situation on Oceania? Available or special order?

Also, on Celebrity (Barcelona to San Juan), we peons belowdecks had to wait to board when any Captain's Club pax showed up. It was first-come, first served, no last-name initials, so we all waited and waited and waited to find a check-in slot as the Captain's Club pax kept walking up and, of course, on ships that size, we're talking lotsa of pax. Ugh.

Saga simply checked us in by last name, no priority, which as an Inside Cabin type, I greatly appreciated and it went smoothly. I see from your comments that premium cabins are given priority check-in. I'll be staying in Vina del Mar prior to boarding in Valparaiso - guess I'll have lunch in Vina del Mar and come skidding up at 3:00pm for boarding.

I'm really excited about sailing on a small, excellent ship (the Insignia). Thanks for any comments you may have.:)

I know when we sailed O it had great hamburgers and Panni sandwiches on the pool deck.

I don't recall if they had sandwiches at the buffet but I am sure if you ask they will make you one.

enjoy your cruise

I know when we sailed O it had great hamburgers and Panni sandwiches on the pool deck.

I don't recall if they had sandwiches at the buffet but I am sure if you ask they will make you one.

Also at the pool deck grill are burgers and hot dogs, and grilled fish ( like Swordfish) sandwiches..yum

They didn't serve sandwiches in the restaurant ( buffet)...but you could put them together yourself, bread, cold cuts,cheeses etc.

getting hungry ...:rolleyes:

Last cruise I was on, they always had one or two tasty sandwiches available in the Grand Dining Room at lunch. Nothing too foo foo, excellent club sanwiches with chips, a bbq pork sandwich and an over the top New Orleans muffletta. Mmmm mmmmm mmmm!!

It's great to see that there are several sandwich choices onboard Oceania. Who knew that a BBQ pork sandwich would be available for this Texan?!

I had one turkeyburger a day for lunch for 15 days on the Constellation and got tired of them - you have all assured me that there is life after turkeyburgers on Oceania!

Many thanks for your input.

There are wonderful grilled Cuban sandwiches everyday at the pool grill. Also a daily special sandwich in addition to hot dog, burgers and grilled chicken sandwiches. Best Cuban sandwiches we've had.

Carolyn

We were on Regatta this past August into the Baltic - they usually had snadwich fixings at the Lido buffet, lunch-time, in addition to very good hamburgers/hot dogs at the grill, and their own in-house pizza, which was surprisingly good, I thought.

We (my wife and I ) think Regatta had the best dining room food we have yet experienced on a ship (including Crystal, HAL & Oceania). and thought their Lido also very good.

Steaks in the alternative restaurant were excellent, and the Italian alternative restaurant was very good.

Looking forward to our Suez trip this Novemeber on Nautica.

Lido?? On Oceania?? I think maybe the Terrace Cafe (aka Tapas on the Terrace). At least on Insignia and Nautica.

The sandwiches at the Waves Grill, by the pool, are excellent IMHO. Great burgers, Cuban sandwiches, paninnis (sp??), and a featured fish sandwich, along with a small salad bar and home-made ice cream.

Mike

This lil ole Texas gal knows BBQ and hot dogs and hamburgers, but what is a Cuban sandwich? Is it smuggled in? Is it wrapped in tobacco leaves?

Thanks for the encouragement - when mikebrill mentioned that there is a salad bar around the Waves Grill (pool?), I was so happy. And ya gotta have that ice-cream chaser! Would you believe they ran out of cones on the Connie? [heavy sigh]

Ruby

Archived