Formal Night without Suit and Formal Shoes.

We only travel with carry on, no matter how long the trip is and we each have only one pair of travel shoes, very nice Merrell trainers. No longer feel the need to show off party clothes. We go to the suite lounge before dinner and then to the main dining room in the reserved section and have never felt underdressed on formal night. I think that is a bygone era for travelers and we are so glad. I do understand many older folks may not be happy about this, but we are in our seventies and we love the more casual approach to travel. Happy sailing and enjoy yourself.

• Like 2

For the last 10 years I have worn a pair of levis and short sleeve polo shirt with my sneakers.  On formal night I wear a short sleeved guayabera shirt and a type of cotton pants with my blue sneakers.  Years ago I was able to get rid of all my ties, sport coats and leather shoes and feel so much better.  In my profession I never wore coat and tie to work and now that I am retired I dress a lot more casual.  As for shorts I have worn shorts in the MDR on non-formal nights without any problem in times past in the Caribbean.  All my shorts are either 5" or 7" btw.  

• Like 2