Anyone on Oasis Right Now?

Been reading that this is a split itinerary which I have never heard of until I read an earlier post where some people board in Rome (us) and others will board in Barcelona.  I suspected something was unusual as there are no Barcelona excursions offered.   

Can someone advise which shows are posted for the night of Rome (our day 1)?  

Years ago, while on the Allure they had a singalong movie (Grease) in the aqua theater.    Do they still do that? 

Thanks  

It’s called Interporting and Oasis ships have always done this on their Mediterranean season. 

The cruise planner works from day 1 being Barcelona as the majority of passengers board there. Look on the app to see the show times.  Rome is day 5 iirc. 
People have reported that the app is a bit glitchy when booking shows etc when they are boarding in Rome so be warned. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Years ago, while on the Allure they had a singalong movie (Grease) in the aqua theater.    Do they still do that? 

Set the app to the current sailing out of Barcelona - all the shows should be listed there. Participation in any event is kinda up to the audience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

It’s called Interporting and Oasis ships have always done this on their Mediterranean season. 

The cruise planner works from day 1 being Barcelona as the majority of passengers board there. Look on the app to see the show times.  Rome is day 5 iirc. 
People have reported that the app is a bit glitchy when booking shows etc when they are boarding in Rome so be warned. 

Thanks for the information and the heads up. 

Unfortunately the show times are not listed yet for our particular sailing in August

I hope that we don't have issues as there are 15!! of us travelling together.   

1 minute ago, Mimiya11 said:

Unfortunately the show times are not listed yet for our particular sailing in August

As mentioned above, set the app to the current sailing (from Barcelona), not yours.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thanks for the information and the heads up. 

I hope that we don't have issues as there are 15!! of us travelling together.   

The show times will be the same as this week’s sailing. Set the app to this week ( or next weeks date) for the Sunday Barcelona departure 

Edited by little britain

We have just returned from Oasis (two weeks ago) and sailed from Barcelona, we have however done the same last year and sailed from Rome. The issue we had having not done it before         (sailing from Rome) was not being to purchase the UDP on line before, no sail away party or the app not letting us do anything due to sailing out of Rome. When we got on they had the normal stands where you could purchase the UDP but it was so much more expensive compared to being able to book on line prior to sailing. You live and learn but wished we had known beforehand. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 10:05 AM, Roybthered said:

We have just returned from Oasis (two weeks ago) and sailed from Barcelona, we have however done the same last year and sailed from Rome. The issue we had having not done it before         (sailing from Rome) was not being to purchase the UDP on line before, no sail away party or the app not letting us do anything due to sailing out of Rome. When we got on they had the normal stands where you could purchase the UDP but it was so much more expensive compared to being able to book on line prior to sailing. You live and learn but wished we had known beforehand. 

Clearly we had no idea about the interporting otherwise would have booked the Barcelona embarkment now that I read all these issues including not having a sail away party which would have been fun for our large group.  But if our Day 5 is Barcelona, is there a sail away party that day?   Guess we will create our own party regardless.   

Our app does allow us to book UDP (too many of us so a no for us) and the drink package but it is insanely expensive and we are forced to buy one get one 50% off in a cabin where in our case has a child.  I will call RCI to see how we get through that issue.  

Were you not able to pre book entertainment either?    

Edited by Mimiya11

Yes, there is a sale away party on day 5. The whole cruise calendar is based on Barcelona. You are essentially doing the back end of one cruise, the the first part of another cruise. I think the split is probably going to be about 2/3 Barcelona, 1/3 Rome.

While there are some disadvantages, there are some advantages also.

If you are Barcelona, you have to do "Rome in a day", and it's 1.5 hours from port. If you get on in Rome, then your "In a day" is Barcelona. 

Also, if you want to spend extra time before or after your cruise, you can spend it in Rome instead of Barcelona.

For some people, they prefer Barcelona and don't mind "Rome in a day", but for us, we spent a week in Rome pre-cruise and were just fine with Barcelona "in a day".

On 5/31/2024 at 12:14 PM, RobInMN said:

Yes, there is a sale away party on day 5. The whole cruise calendar is based on Barcelona. You are essentially doing the back end of one cruise, the the first part of another cruise. I think the split is probably going to be about 2/3 Barcelona, 1/3 Rome.

While there are some disadvantages, there are some advantages also.

If you are Barcelona, you have to do "Rome in a day", and it's 1.5 hours from port. If you get on in Rome, then your "In a day" is Barcelona. 

Also, if you want to spend extra time before or after your cruise, you can spend it in Rome instead of Barcelona.

For some people, they prefer Barcelona and don't mind "Rome in a day", but for us, we spent a week in Rome pre-cruise and were just fine with Barcelona "in a day".

Thanks for this.   Just spent 4 nights in Barcelona in November (which we loved) so a day in Barcelona is fine by me and most happy to be in Italy pre and post.