Barcelona or bust - Live from Carnival Legend - May 30-June 7

On 5/28/2024 at 7:51 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Hope you make it out of there. Give DJ Skoot a hug from me on the Legend. 

I failed. Okay. I didn't try. 🙂

• Haha 4

Maybe try to bring some organization to this chaos...

Barcelona -

Arranged transportation from BCN Airport to Hotel Gaudi with Welcome Pickups. They cost a little more - I don't care. In my experience they have been reliable and on time with quality vehicles. Especially with the amount of luggage we travel with.

Sea Day -

Diamond luncheon and 1st Elegant Night

Valletta -

Carnival tour - Mosta, Mdina, and Rabat - great tour.

Messina -

Carnival tour - Taormina on Your Own - Great non-tour

Naples -

Private tour - through Joe Banana - 50 Shades of Lemon from Naples port - Great tour

Civitavecchia -

Private tour - through Viator - Ancient Ostia from Civitavecchia - Great tour

Livorno -

Ship tour - A Tuscan Day in Volterra & San Gimignano Towns. This was somewhat disappointing, though no fault of Carnival. There was a huge accident that caused delays and a rearrangement of the tour itinerary. The disappointment was San Giminnano - the highlight for us - was moved to the end of the tour and time was cut short.

Second Elegant Night

Toulon -

Ship tour was cancelled due to lack of participation. We simulated on our own. Ship tour was

Mont Faron by Cable Car & the Landing Museum.

Barcelona - Transportation to airport with Welcome Pickups

Conclusion - another great cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

For some reason, Carnival has issues on Spirit Class ships trying to update the Intranet Funtimes which is where I normally download them from. I did manage to get them to post one from the current cruise, and that was all. I'll have to scan the Funtimes and post those. Maybe later today.

• Thanks 1

This time, we had a port side cabin, so no wake views. Here is sail away from Barcelona. Looks like I left the camera running to long. Someday I'll edit it down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

This time, we had a port side cabin, so no wake views. Here is sail away from Barcelona. Looks like I left the camera running to long. Someday I'll edit it down.

...too long...

• Like 1

Flash forward to a tease of our cabin. I booked through an unknown TA who said she had balcony rooms available when no one else appeared to. The balcony seduced me. Then I noticed it was a Ambulatory Accessible Cabin. I pointed this out to the TA who insisted she couldn't find anything that indicated that. I couldn't find anything that it wasn't an AAC. We do qualify, yet have never chosen these kinds of cabins.

Surprise! During the dry dock, the cabin was converted to a fully accessible cabin. I certainly would not have chosen that, but as it turned out, we helped Carnival debug some issues that would have been problematic for some. They probably are still trying to fix some of them.

The ceiling obviously had an issue, but they put that back together.

PXL_20240530_105451723_DxO.thumb.jpg.e6b1223034bff73c07ba9b5133edd6fe.jpg

They widened the door, which meant elimination of one of the nightstands (I assume). There was a new bedside lamp with USB and a US outlet.

PXL_20240530_105456950_DxO.thumb.jpg.3336352e18ba2baeedaf6da13bd953eb.jpg

• Like 1

There were tons of US outlets in the room - I think 4 above the bed, one in the nightstand, 2 over the desk...

The bathroom. The drains almost worked to keep the bathroom floor mostly dry, but there was a spot I needed to put a hand towel to dam up escaping water when showering. There was no obstruction to rolling into the bathroom or shower.

PXL_20240530_105536035_DxO.jpg

PXL_20240530_105546211_DxO.jpg

PXL_20240530_105553314_DxO.jpg

• Like 1

I needed to adjust the upper shower head holder - it was upside down and the shower head would never have fit the way it was assembled.

and, of course, the balcony...

Not the best view in this direction

_DSC9384_DxO.thumb.jpg.b2652855f098720acf09cf3ff41e2dde.jpg

but oh my...

PXL_20240530_110703059_DxO.thumb.jpg.a982f1b70a8fc087fe5a1437c134e8d3.jpg

PXL_20240530_110640415_DxO.thumb.jpg.7bf7fc58e72b675ea89641a1bc905497.jpg

PXL_20240530_110853281_DxO.thumb.jpg.03297f65bb975d670b949779caee0b15.jpg

They had to raise the deck to eliminate the step to get onto the balcony and install the electric door. There was an issue with the door one time, but it mostly worked. The entrance door to the cabin did have some issues that they may still be working on. Sometimes it wouldn't close, but swing back and forth and if you made it mad, an alarm would scream.

PXL_20240530_111054081_DxO.jpg

PXL_20240530_111030638_DxO.jpg

PXL_20240530_111046535.MP_DxO.jpg

• Like 3