Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

• bikerunner changed the title to Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

According to the FAQs, Pinnacles get Zenith benefits except Retreat Access (although it says they could). This includes the premium beverage package, free wifi, free laundry, etc.

Captain's Club members don't get Diamond Plus or Pinnacle benefits.

Seems very uneven/unfair.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board#loyalty-status-match

The one bad thing I read is Zenith members now cannot access Retreat lounge if they are not traveling in a Retreat Suite. If this is true this is a big loss. to Zenith members. Here we go again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

That isn't exactly what it says... it says Diamond Plus/Pinnacle "amenities", which is basically a free bottle of wine.  The other Diamon Plus benefits are still in play 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pennstatedj said:

The one bad thing I read is Zenith members now cannot access Retreat lounge if they are not traveling in a Retreat Suite. If this is true this is a big loss. to Zenith members. Here we go again. 

I think it’s only referring to people who are Zenith by way of status match.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Zeniths don't get Pinnacle benefits. Completely unfair. Verified by Celebrity desk.

Which Pinnacle benefit are you specifically upset about?  The Pinnacle "amenities"?  That refers to this:

cas-amenities-jan-2024-final.pdf (royalcaribbean.com)

11 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I didn't read it that way.  Will test it out on my next cruise which I booked in AQ under the assumption that Zeniths would have access to the lounge.  If they're taking this benefit away again, the hell with them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I didn't read it that way.  Will test it out on my next cruise which I booked in AQ under the assumption that Zeniths would have access to the lounge.  If they're taking this benefit away again, the hell with them.

It does specifically say "Status match members":

Status match members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I have no intention of cruising RCI, so I don't care about the benefits there.  However, Zenith access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed under this "wonderful, improved" program.  That I do care about.

Zenith members still have access to the suite lounge if their status was achieved with captains club points. Status match Zenith members (pinnacle) are allowed access on a space available basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

According to the FAQs, Pinnacles get Zenith benefits except Retreat Access (although it says they could). This includes the premium beverage package, free wifi, free laundry, etc.

Seems very uneven/unfair.

image.png.c942429796e59cbc4efba70afc58164d.png

This is what the emails says above the graph that was posted.  Looks like Celebrity has not yet updated its FAQs

Edited by Tudy
Clarification

6 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Zenith members still have access to the suite lounge if their status was achieved with captains club points. Status match Zenith members (pinnacle) are allowed access on a space available basis.

I HOPE this is correct!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Which Pinnacle benefit are you specifically upset about?  The Pinnacle "amenities"?  That refers to this:

cas-amenities-jan-2024-final.pdf (royalcaribbean.com)

I guess that's the situation. It's like a free bottle of wine in the room. I only sail on Celebrity. The FAQs made it seem like benefits one way but not the other. This will still precipitate a decrease in Zenith benefits because the number of Zeniths on each sailing will increase because of the reciprocity.

23 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

According to the FAQ regarding The Retreat in general, one of the questions is:

Can Captain's Club Zenith members enjoy access to The Retreat Lounge?

and the response is:

No, Zenith Member Access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed (unless Zenith member is also a suite guest).

Just one more Loyalty "enhancement" brought to you by the fine folks at Celebrity!!!

2 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

It's amenities not benefits, to me they are synonyms.

Yes, I can certainly understand the confusion for those not familiar with the C&A Diamond+/Pinnacle benefits. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gingercruiser said:

So does this mean as a diamond member of RC and Elite on Celebrity, I now get the 4 free daily drinks on Celebrity as well? I’m confused 

Nope

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

According to the FAQ regarding The Retreat in general, one of the questions is:

Can Captain's Club Zenith members enjoy access to The Retreat Lounge?

and the response is:

No, Zenith Member Access to the Retreat Lounge has been removed (unless Zenith member is also a suite guest).

Just one more Loyalty "enhancement" brought to you by the fine folks at Celebrity!!!

• Like 2