Spa price change

Got a gift of a spa pass for NCL Star for May 30 cruise. The cost was $259 for the cruise. I planned to get my husband a spa pass on the ship to use my onboard credit. When I went to buy it it was $308. Given two different reasons- it wasn’t updated yet and that it is more expensive to buy on the ship. I don’t believe it is $50 more on the ship! If they changed the price they should honor the price online. I feel abused. The spa manager was not able to do anything for me. Customer service said it’s a spa issue. Phone customer service never indicated it would be more on the ship when I spoke with them several times. We’re sapphire and do feel taken advantage of! 

Prices are fluid, I have heard it’s more expensive to buy on the ship but I never compared, I’ve purchased them in advance and on the ship. The spa is a 3rd party vendor that rents space on the ships. Now, if they tried to charge you more for your pass, that would be wrong. It’s just like excursions, prices are fluid, but you can always cancel and rebook if the price lowers before your cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, checkitallout said:

Got a gift of a spa pass for NCL Star for May 30 cruise. The cost was $259 for the cruise. I planned to get my husband a spa pass on the ship to use my onboard credit. When I went to buy it it was $308. Given two different reasons- it wasn’t updated yet and that it is more expensive to buy on the ship. I don’t believe it is $50 more on the ship! If they changed the price they should honor the price online. I feel abused. The spa manager was not able to do anything for me. Customer service said it’s a spa issue. Phone customer service never indicated it would be more on the ship when I spoke with them several times. We’re sapphire and do feel taken advantage of! 

It as always been more expensive onboard than purchased in advance. And you have to ensure that you are buying a basic Thermal Suite package and not the "Deluxe" package (which they will sell you onboard - which includes a collection of bath salts). 

Not sure what being sapphire has to do with this?  So it would only be okay to charge more onboard compared to purchasing before one cruises (which is the norm for pretty much everything from specialty dining packages, to internet, to drink packages, and yes to spa passes) to gold or platinum?  Besides, the spa is not an NCL entity and could care less even if you were crimson with polka dot flecks.  

On 5/30/2024 at 8:19 AM, checkitallout said:

We have purchased the thermal spa pass on every cruise we have been on.  Ever since it has been available to purchase online it was always a little cheaper than on board.  It used to be a savings of $20.  

It used to say something like "purchase now and save $20 from on board price" - but for our upcoming cruise it doesn't say anything - so it would be a surprise for people who haven't purchased in the past. 

Not sure why they don't let people know - leads to feeling ripped off