Navigator app question

It has been about 5 years since our last cruise  and we have booked one for the fall of 2025. Now I know that is a long way off but I was helping out a family member who has booked on an Alaskan cruise this August and went to down load said app to show her how to manage her booking. Neither of our android phones or tablet will work on this app. I am assuming that they are too old and behind the times but they serve our needs at the moment. So we went to the website and all went well. Are we going to have to buy new phones/tablet before our fall 2025 cruise? Or will these "relics" work once we are on the ship?

Same boat here ….i downloaded an old version of Navigator APK from a link someone posted here (apicture) and am (hopefully) getting by with that.

• Like 1

The app is a convenience, not an absolute requirement. 

I upgraded my phone because other apps besides Navigator no longer worked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean na mara said:

It has been about 5 years since our last cruise  and we have booked one for the fall of 2025. Now I know that is a long way off but I was helping out a family member who has booked on an Alaskan cruise this August and went to down load said app to show her how to manage her booking. Neither of our android phones or tablet will work on this app. I am assuming that they are too old and behind the times but they serve our needs at the moment. So we went to the website and all went well. Are we going to have to buy new phones/tablet before our fall 2025 cruise? Or will these "relics" work once we are on the ship?

You don't need a phone at all. Everything can be done with your room card key. Even scanning to go on your tours. The big negative without Navigator is that if there are any last minute changes of a location or time of event, tour, whatever, you may miss that as they update (relatively) quickly on the Navigator. 

9 minutes ago, REOVA said:

There is a work around and they can help you on the ship. Are you planning on getting wifi? 

Yes we booked under early booking Have it all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bean na mara said:

Yes we booked under early booking Have it all

Then they will be able to help you onboard. 

Thank you everyone for your answers..one less expense to budget for..going to be a long 17 months until I can do my happy dance stepping on to the ship from the gangway!

2 minutes ago, Bean na mara said:

Thank you everyone for your answers..one less expense to budget for..going to be a long 17 months until I can do my happy dance stepping on to the ship from the gangway!

17 months? That is plenty of time for your phone to die...

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ferretktf said:

Same boat here ….i downloaded an old version of Navigator APK from a link someone posted here (apicture) and am (hopefully) getting by with that.

It's possible you may have gotten the link from me; I've shared it a few times on various threads.

@Bean na mara

I agree w/everyone that you don't need the Navigator App to have a good cruising experience.  But if you do want it, all you need to know is what version of Android your phone is running (or the last date you know the app worked on your phone), then download the version that is compatible w/it. Remember to not let the helpful guest services or IT people on the ship update it for you if it acts wonky, as you'll be back to square one w/the most recent version being incompatible. If it acts up, just close it out and reopen it.

I am using v4.30.0 on Android 10.

You can download previous versions of the app here:

https://www.9apps.com/android-apps/Holland-America-Line-Navigator/version-history-1/

Here's are examples of the versions and release dates:

20240530_182044.thumb.jpg.12bad1a48b84d0a0988939aae7c91a8d.jpg

20240530_181625.thumb.jpg.ef09bd93816ce4140f4ede5229d6020c.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this...I have not downloaded any Holland America Navigator app before..my phone is an LG with an Android 10 version but it is about 4 years "young" and the samsung tablet is pushing 8yrs! They do not get a lot of use..they could last forever 😁

Edited by Bean na mara
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bean na mara said:

Thanks for this...I have not downloaded any Holland America Navigator app before..my phone is an LG with an Android 10 version but it is about 4 years "young" and the samsung tablet is pushing 8yrs! They do not get a lot of use..they could last forever 😁

I'm running Android 10 (Galaxy Note 9) and v4.30.0 has been working just fine for me, so you might try that one first. If it doesn't work, try the one just before it.

I don't have Navigator App on my tablet, but if it's also Android 10, you could try the same App version.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 5:21 PM, Haljo1935 said:

I'm running Android 10 (Galaxy Note 9) and v4.30.0 has been working just fine for me, so you might try that one first. If it doesn't work, try the one just before it.

I don't have Navigator App on my tablet, but if it's also Android 10, you could try the same App version.

Thanks again..will try this when I get my IT expert..AKA my son in law..to walk me through it.🤞

Edited by Bean na mara
  • Thanks 1