Jubilee year Italy 2025 thoughts

Italy is for sure one of the most visited countries. I read recently it is now in the top 5 worldwide with over 50mm visitors in 2023. The projected increase next year over that with 30-35 mm due to Jubilee is pretty staggering. As CruiseMom42 said, who knows if this is accurate - and projected outcomes have apparently been lower in the past. I think regardless, it will be extra crowded. Last year we spent 4 nights in Venice pre-cruise. Mid-day was crazy with crowds. Early mornings and evenings so much better. But still way more people than in our past experiences. 
I don’t think Italy will slow down in its popularity, but I do seriously wonder how much it will bump up next year. My hour glass isn’t working really well! 
And to your point, if you want to go to Italy, then go. Who knows what it will be. It’s a wonderful country and good memories are bound to be had. Impossible not to IMHO. 

I'll be there over memorial day and jubilee grandparents and families event. Arriving may 26 2025. Add me to the new crowds. I said something on my roll call and someone jumped on me saying it wouldn't be any worse than usual. Hotel threads here seem to lean to thinking it might be more busy. The guy on my roll call all smarty pants, like news flash memorial day only celebrated in USA and completely ignored jubilee. I'm going to go ahead and book. He is sure it wouldnt be any busier than usual.

I've been waiting on air fare rates to drop, today I should be able to see may 26, but not beyond. Cant book hotel until I see which days air fare is better than other days. I need to know how many days to book, dont want to run into a super high flight and there are some. I'll be flying home from rome to orlando. I see 2 airports in rome. I only want FCO right?

I also see I can click to attend the jubilee event. Anyone have any thoughts on attending?