Maybe Princess App Hates ME

4x4bob

April this year was on the Discovery Princess for 7 days.  The Princess App malfunctioned when I attempted to operate.  Such as stating that while I was in our cabin it could not provide input because I was not on the ship.  Attempted to get help at the passenger service desk.  They sent me too the  Medallion desk and that was a no go, so just locked my phone in the safe and we relied on the Wife's phone/App.

Now today we just signed up for a September 2024 cruise to Alaska on the Discovery Princess once again.  

I unloaded the Princess App and then reinstalled it using the Confirmation Number to gain access.

On the top of the screen it states Discovery Princess, 11 days until embarkation instead of 112 days.  So, should I grab my suitcase and head for the pier or seek help.  Using option 2, seeking help.  For the record I unloaded the App 2 times and on reload it still gives me 11 days.

My Wife's phone/App does state 112 days until embarkation after she signed in using the confirmation number that I did.. 

Any ideas? 

Bob

4 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

April this year was on the Discovery Princess for 7 days.  The Princess App malfunctioned when I attempted to operate.  Such as stating that while I was in our cabin it could not provide input because I was not on the ship.  Attempted to get help at the passenger service desk.  They sent me too the  Medallion desk and that was a no go, so just locked my phone in the safe and we relied on the Wife's phone/App.

Now today we just signed up for a September 2024 cruise to Alaska on the Discovery Princess once again.  

I unloaded the Princess App and then reinstalled it using the Confirmation Number to gain access.

On the top of the screen it states Discovery Princess, 11 days until embarkation instead of 112 days.  So, should I grab my suitcase and head for the pier or seek help.  Using option 2, seeking help.  For the record I unloaded the App 2 times and on reload it still gives me 11 days.

My Wife's phone/App does state 112 days until embarkation after she signed in using the confirmation number that I did.. 

Any ideas? 

Bob

I would explain your issue on the PCL website's Online Chat to see if they can help resolve your issue.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I would explain your issue on the PCL website's Online Chat to see if they can help resolve your issue.

Thanks

Bob

34 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

Any ideas? 

Bob

I would pack my bags and get to the port!  😆

Are you both using the same type of phone and browser?

Have you cleared your cache/history from your phone?

If you delete and reinstall then you should have the current version.

If you try those things and still no luck.  Call the 800 pcl line and pick the option for ocean ready.  Tell them to open a ticket for you.

Have you tried your email login with your pw, instead of your booking number to log in?  It should be the same credentials as logging into the website.  Any problem with logging into the website?

Let us know if they help!

If not….I think the App does hate you!  😩😜

Lately the app hates everyone. Can't believe such a large company hasn't rectified all the issues that have been going on with an app that people rely so much on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, GK95 said:

Lately the app hates everyone. Can't believe such a large company hasn't rectified all the issues that have been going on with an app that people rely so much on. 

If you’ve spent much time on the boards for other cruise lines, you’d believe it.