Trundel bed in handicap state room so low to the floor

We booked  handicap room for 3 on the Symphny of the seas. After I investergated the room I I found out the sofa does not pull out and at then bottom of the sofa there is pull out trundle bed that is very low to the floor. An older adult would not be able to get in or out of it.

I wrote the diabilities department about this issue and have not heard back.

My question is would they provide a rollaway bed any info would be much appreciated.

Based on other threads I've read regarding accessible cabins for more than 2, it appears that the cabins were designed with the intention that the person requiring the accessibility slept in the main bed. I remember reading where the third bed was a foldout chair (the chair folded out into a single bed) but no way was appropriate for the person the cabin was booked for (a child of a couple who planned to sleep in the main bed). 

If there is a rollaway available, you might get it, but if there are no cabins that require the rollaway, there might not be any onboard.

On 5/31/2024 at 9:11 PM, cruiseallways said:

We booked  handicap room for 3 on the Symphny of the seas. After I investergated the room I I found out the sofa does not pull out and at then bottom of the sofa there is pull out trundle bed that is very low to the floor. An older adult would not be able to get in or out of it.

I wrote the diabilities department about this issue and have not heard back.

My question is would they provide a rollaway bed any info would be much appreciated.

When is your cruise?

Can you call the special needs group?

Can you tell from the floor plans if there seems to be room for a rollaway?

Good luck!

GC