I'm looking at cruising from Tampa and need ship advice

We did a B2B on Grandeur late Apr and enjoyed it.  We especially liked the price tag.  We were in a GS.  Next fall there are 3 Vision class ships in Tampa.  They are Grandeur, Rhapsody, and Enchantment.  We will probably do a GS again.  We usually sail on the larger ships.  Any advice on which ships to go with or which ones to Avoid? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

We adore sailing out of Tampa, and love the small ships...which is perfect since the large ladies cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  😉  

Have done Brilliance, Rhapsody, and Enchantment out of there.  Love them all.   One thing about EN is we are fond of calling her the "Enstretchment".   She is the one and only Vision class to be cut in half and a chunk added in the middle.  She has a huge pool deck due to this, though we don't use it.   

We are also in a GS this October, back to Enchantment again, doing a B2B.  IMHO...you can't go wrong with any of those ships.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

Grandeur and Enchantment (pre-stretch) were twins at "birth".  The stretch added Boleros, expanded pool deck, more cabins.  Enchantment only has only one specialty restaurant (Chop's)

Rhapsody is a cousin (twin to Vision).. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harley-Davidson_Family said:

Best part of sailing out of Tampa was the valet parking. We pulled up and was on the ship in no time. 

We have a cruise booked out of Tampa next year and I have been researching. I have a few questions about the valet parking.

Do you need to reserve in advance?  Pay in advance?

Was it quick and convenient when you got off?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATG said:

We have a cruise booked out of Tampa next year and I have been researching. I have a few questions about the valet parking.

We cruise frequently from Tampa and always book valet parking. We do book in advance. It is 100% refundable. When you arrive at the port, you will pull into the valet parking lane and a porter will come to your vehicle to get your bags. On disembarkation, you'll check in at the valet parking kiosk to have your vehicle brought to you. I don't think we have ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for our vehicle. One other benefit is that your ship may depart from one terminal but return to a different terminal. The port is not huge but you don't have to worry about walking or waiting for a shuttle to take you to the departure terminal. The valet brings your vehicle to you. We feel it's worth the $20.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Very interested in taking a sailing out of Tampa.  How have the older ships held up?  Still in good shape?

We were very happy with Grandeur's condition.  It was just 2 sailings post dry dock. Internet was great.  I have never cruised on an older ship before, so don't know if the others are in the same condition. 

5 hours ago, ATG said:

I do believe you will have to reserve in advance.  We cruised out of Tampa in late April and when I looked at parking, valet was already sold out. We paid for regular parking for the trip instead.