Review of May 20-30, 2024 Emerald Princess

Thanks!  Some of the ships have stairs that you have to navigate to get to the lower level so it is impossible for folks with mobility issues to get down there.  We will be on the Emerald soon for 26 days so I am happy to hear that.

On 6/3/2024 at 2:10 PM, Cruz4Sun said:

Congrats on your Canada/New England cruise.

It is highly recommended to make reservations for the casual dining options.  I saw a few people doing a walk up and were told either no or to come back at 8:30 (way too late for me).  Both restaurants were quite busy.  Planks/Steamers is set up very nice and definitely feels like a nice dining space in the evening.

How did you make a reservation? Did you call the dine line or is it available on the app? 

On 6/2/2024 at 7:50 AM, Cruz4Sun said:

Thanks.  Yes, once on board we were able to make reservations for the Salty Dog Gastropub.

I have never seen reservations available for Salty Dog Gastropub. It may vary ship to ship but on both the Crown and the Ruby (3 cruises in the las 7 months) there were no reservations only walk up. It is not my favorite casual venue. 

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How did you make a reservation? Did you call the dine line or is it available on the app? 

Call the dine line once you are onboard.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I have never seen reservations available for Salty Dog Gastropub. It may vary ship to ship but on both the Crown and the Ruby (3 cruises in the las 7 months) there were no reservations only walk up. It is not my favorite casual venue. 

For some reason the Emerald Princess does take reservations for the Salty Dog Gastropub.  It is a small venue on this ship tucked inside the Wheelhouse bar.

On 6/5/2024 at 8:55 AM, CruzinNoony said:

Thanks!  Some of the ships have stairs that you have to navigate to get to the lower level so it is impossible for folks with mobility issues to get down there.  We will be on the Emerald soon for 26 days so I am happy to hear that.

What ship are you referring to. Every Princess ships I have been on has elevators to the aft dining room and other elevators to get down to security and medical center 

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

What ship are you referring to. Every Princess ships I have been on has elevators to the aft dining room and other elevators to get down to security and medical center 

This is regarding the Princess Theatre.  On some ships the only handicap access is from deck 7.

1 minute ago, Cruz4Sun said:

This is regarding the Princess Theatre.  On some ships the only handicap access is from deck 7.

That is not an elevator issue since elevators it is stairs you have to climb to enter the theater on that level