CHURRASCARIA BRAZILIAN GRILL

Wow.  I guess I missed the memo.  I just checked my reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse on our upcoming November cruise on the Sapphire and found it was converted to a reservation for the Churrascaria Brazilian Grill.  We like some meat, but not a meat focused meal.  I think I will cancel this reservation.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Cruz4Sun said:

Wow.  I guess I missed the memo.  I just checked my reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse on our upcoming November cruise on the Sapphire and found it was converted to a reservation for the Churrascaria Brazilian Grill.  We like some meat, but not a meat focused meal.  I think I will cancel this reservation.

The Sterling Steakhouse was just the rear portion of the buffet, no loss there.

The grill has many side dishes too, and healthier options than sides at a carb loaded steakhouse.  

Edited by startedwithamouse

On 5/14/2024 at 5:58 PM, reedprincess said:

Menu and photos from Diamond Churrascaria.

** Not my photos. Courtesy of Keith Harris, from FB**

FB_IMG_1715734492710.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734496007.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734500949.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734508873.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734510962.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734525337.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734523155.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734531492.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734529343.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734513203.jpg

1 hour ago, Cruz4Sun said:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am low carb as well and excited to try this on Diamond Princess Japan in Mar Apr 25.  Thanks for the menus,  was everything buffet, serve yourself or did they bring meats to the table? 

40 minutes ago, hdmiller said:

was everything buffet, serve yourself or did they bring meats to the table? 

Take a look at the photos in this thread:

It's service at the table.

• Like 1

Did this on the Diamond on my Thailand/Vietnam sailing over New Years.  Totally enjoyed it, food was very delicious, enjoyed trying the different drinks using my Princess Plus, service was lovely, and nice to do something unique on a ship.  I do like Churrascaria restaurants in general so it was a no brainier decision for me personally 🙂

This is what I love about cruises, so much variety. I don't eat seafood/fish so I do appreciate having these different options.  Am on Sun in Sep and you most definitely  won't be seeing me at The Catch!  Means 1 more table available for someone that loves that! 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just off the Sapphire and we tried this restaurant. We didn't care for it at all. My husband is a big time meat lover and was excited to try this (I like red meat but will always choose fish first, so my opinion isn't a fair one). He felt that meat was just OK. It wasn't very tender and was quite dry - I assume from sitting under heat lamps vs. being straight off a grill? The appetizers were decent but having to go thru a buffet to get them was something neither of us liked being that we were paying for a specialty dining experience (we avoid the main buffet in general as it is). We skipped the special cocktails - we had Premiere, but nothing on the menu appealed to us so we got our usual cocktails. The dessert options didn't appeal to us either so we skipped that and went to the Int'l Buffet for dessert. Obviously, the dessert and cocktail selection is subjective and some might enjoy them.

The restaurant was completely empty - it was us + 1 other table that finished as we were arriving. It's always awkward when you're the only one there. I will say the service was off the charts - the team in there was bending over backwards to try and make it a nice experience. Seems like a bad move for a ship that has only 1 other specialty restaurant available as it is - but maybe churrascaria is a bigger deal to some than I realize. One server in the MDR we spoke to about it said they've had endless complaints about it switching from Sterling.

Edited by Auntiejo
  • Thanks 1