Hotel Recommendation Miami

We're looking for recommendations for a one-night stay in Miami prior to our cruise next April-May.  I haven't been to Miami for about 40 years since I always go through Fort Lauderdale.  I usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express due to their rewards program and that would be my preference.  I'm looking for one with an airport shuttle, restaurant, and bar.  Good reviews don't hurt, either.  Thanks!

We like the Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon. Great location just across the street from a Publix market area. Comp shuttle to their hotel and a pretty good breakfast. Hotel shuttle to POM is $14.00pp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Airport twice. I liked the hotel, which is in a gated Marriott campus. The hotel has a nice complementary breakfast. There is a restaurant in the Marriott across the parking lot and a sports bar in the Courtyard that shares a parking lot. The employees I've encountered there have also been really helpful. They have a paid shuttle to the port. I believe they have an airport shuttle, but I haven't used it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are cruising out of the Port of Miami this September and are torn between the JW Marriott in Brickell and the Miami Marriott at Biscayne Bay.   We stayed at the JW Marriott once before but it was many years ago and I am sure a lot has changed. 

Does anyway have any pros or cons with regard to either one.  If it helps I am Lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott. 

Thank you.

On 6/3/2024 at 6:25 PM, Laurie S. said:

I'm looking for one with an airport shuttle, restaurant, and bar.  Good reviews don't hurt, either. 

On 6/3/2024 at 9:06 PM, Ashland said:

We like the Hampton Inn Suites Blue Lagoon.

Yes, we like them as well. Stayed there recently and will stay there again in November. We really liked the hotel itself, the location, the Publix and the food places around (we are cheap).

We also LOVED EB hotel, but it is no longer on my company's contracted list, and as such the price isn't what I'd like to pay personally. Great reviews too!

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy