Captain Circle upgrade

My husband and I are booked on a b2b2b European cruise August 2025.  I will reach 50 nights the second day of the second leg.  Will I start receiving the Platinum benefits with the first leg or will I have to wait until the second leg or even the third?  Half price internet may be the deciding factor on whether we upgrade to Plus.

Posted (edited)

@bosswench, I believe Carnival cruises, their VIFP loyalty will recognize you if you are graduating tiers on the first leg, which is a nice perk of their program.

Princess officially says ‘days’ do not post till you complete the leg, so you will not be recognized as Platinum till leg 3. You should still stop by the Future cruise agents who now handle  Captain Circle issues to give them a heads up to make sure the days post or they can manually ‘update’ your status for leg 3.

I know there are exceptions as I was on a transpacific sailing and a passenger was told since they were graduating to the next tier in the first couple of days of this long sailing, they would be recognized at the higher tier for the current cruise and not have to wait till the cruise was completed. I asked the Captain circle host about this and she confirmed Princess will make exceptions, but what the cutoff in early cruise days reaching the next tier is (the first few days?), and what number of days is considered a ‘long’ sailing is not set in stone. YMMV.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Got a similar question. Husband medically evacuated off the ship last week, three days before we would have completed the 11 day voyage.  That trip was our 15th cruise and coincidently would have been our 150th day.  Will they bump us to Elite now because we paid for the cruise or would we have had to complete the cruise?

3 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

Got a similar question. Husband medically evacuated off the ship last week, three days before we would have completed the 11 day voyage.  That trip was our 15th cruise and coincidently would have been our 150th day.  Will they bump us to Elite now because we paid for the cruise or would we have had to complete the cruise?

Go to your cruise history in your cruise Personalizer to see how many days were credited to your account, but I would think you would have been credited for the cruise count. So your Captain circle status should show as Elite.

I was on a sailing that was cut short because of Covid, the sailing was ending early, but Princess still credited the original number of days for the sailing. 

41 minutes ago, bosswench said:

My husband and I are booked on a b2b2b European cruise August 2025.  I will reach 50 nights the second day of the second leg.  Will I start receiving the Platinum benefits with the first leg or will I have to wait until the second leg or even the third?  Half price internet may be the deciding factor on whether we upgrade to Plus.

Third. 

• Like 1

When I made platinum, I got a letter from the loyalty rep toward the end of the cruise telling me that this cruise pushed me into the new tier. I was then invited to use the platinum/elite disembarkation lounge on the last day. All other platinum perks began for my next sailing.

Princess is still wonderful, though! I am not Elite, and the cruise I am embarking this weekend will be my 20th cruise credit with them. I'm wondering if they still give a $50 OBC for this... I guess I'll find out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helenb said:

Princess is still wonderful, though! I am not Elite, and the cruise I am embarking this weekend will be my 20th cruise credit with them. I'm wondering if they still give a $50 OBC for this... I guess I'll find out!

Unfortunately that loyality credit is no longer issued. 

Just now, 555 said:

Unfortunately that loyality credit is no longer issued. 

Aw man....

It makes sense though. It's not like I will stop sailing Princess because of that.

2 hours ago, helenb said:

When I made platinum, I got a letter from the loyalty rep toward the end of the cruise telling me that this cruise pushed me into the new tier. I was then invited to use the platinum/elite disembarkation lounge on the last day. All other platinum perks began for my next sailing.

Nope

2 hours ago, helenb said:

3 hours ago, helenb said:

Princess is still wonderful, though! I am not Elite, and the cruise I am embarking this weekend will be my 20th cruise credit with them. 

Don’t we reach Elite after 15 cruise credits?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Don’t we reach Elite after 15 cruise credits?

Yes, but (it used to be that) Princess gives a $50 OBC every 5 cruises after that, beginning with 20 cruise credits.

Apparently this is no more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, helenb said:

Yes, but (it used to be that) Princess gives a $50 OBC every 5 cruises after that, beginning with 20 cruise credits.

Apparently this is no more.

No, the loyalty command OBC was in $25 increments starting at your 21st cruise credit and then approximately every 10 afterwards it would increase another $25,  maxing out at $100 on your 52nd cruise credit. This OBC was discontinued with the restart.

It does not make sense if you already have 19 cruise credits, then you should be ‘Elite’.

Princess also used to have ‘Milestone’ recognition originally based on number of cruise credits, then it was adjusted to number of days with Princess and then discontinued around end of 2022, but some passengers were grandfathered if they booked their milestone cruise before the end of the program, so they received the milestone benefits on that later cruise, but it was not made public since the program had ended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, wallyj said:

No, the loyalty command OBC was in $25 increments starting at your 21st cruise credit and then approximately every 10 afterwards it would increase another $25,  maxing out at $100 on your 52nd cruise credit. This OBC was discontinued with the restart.

It does not make sense if you already have 19 cruise credits, then you should be ‘Elite’.

Princess also used to have ‘Milestone’ recognition originally based on number of cruise credits, then it was adjusted to number of days with Princess and then discontinued around end of 2022, but some passengers were grandfathered if they booked their milestone cruise before the end of the program, so they received the milestone benefits on that later cruise, but it was not made public since the program had ended.

We achieved Elite based on Days Sailed rather than the number of voyages.

21 hours ago, helenb said:

I think you confused a few of us, as I believe you have a typo and meant to write, I am NOW Elite.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this new? I thought early access to booking was for Platinum/ Elites 

CIRCLE MEMBERS COME FIRST!
Now all Princess Captain’s Circle®
members are eligible for a new benefit –
early access to new itineraries one week
before they go on sale to the general
public. Watch your email inbox for
notifications so you can get the cruise
and stateroom you want. And don’t
forget, you’ll also receive Captain’s Circle
Launch savings for booking early.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

Is this new? I thought early access to booking was for Platinum/ Elites 

CIRCLE MEMBERS COME FIRST!
Now all Princess Captain’s Circle®
members are eligible for a new benefit –
early access to new itineraries one week
before they go on sale to the general
public. Watch your email inbox for
notifications so you can get the cruise
and stateroom you want. And don’t
forget, you’ll also receive Captain’s Circle
Launch savings for booking early.

That change was made within the past 2 months…another elite benefit disappears. 🙄

Someone please correct me, however I do not believe that the one day early elite level booking benefit ever applied to platinum members?

Edited by Astro Flyer

25 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That change was made within the past 2 months…another elite benefit disappears. 🙄

Someone please correct me, however I do not believe that the one day early elite level booking benefit ever applied to platinum members?

Thanks. I think it was just for elites before this change. 

• Like 2