Inside cabin on Koningsdam

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

We were in 4100 -- above Future-cruise/Front-desk. No noise at all and SO convenient to the GDC!

That's how I felt about mine on K'dam - no noise from below, convenient to GDC, GS & library and the sideways was a great layout.

I was in 4061, obstructed view and there were nights when we could hear the thumping of bass from BBKings. When I was given the room I thought I was safe and turned down an upgrade.  I should have taken the upgrade 

I've done inside on Koningsdam twice, and enjoyed it, mainly because of the large shower with an actual glass door. I was on a sideways room on a Princess ship and hated it, because I was close to the door and so hallway noise felt closer, especially stewards in the hall. Personally, I'd choose Zaandam for Alaska, because it leaves on Wednesdays, with smaller crowds at Canada Place, it only has 1400 passengers so quicker to get on and off the ship, get around the ship, and most importantly, it has a huge outer promenade deck, whereas most of the one on Kdam is blocked by lifeboats, and at other areas too narrow for walking laps safely and comfortably. The top decks are also broken by crew smoking areas and a tiny walking track, whereas Zaandam has lots of good top-deck space for glacier and whale watching. I was on Zaandam last week, and saw several whales while out on deck 3, and I was dry on the promenade while it was drizzling in Glacier Bay, and there was a huge storm with 5-meter swells we managed to avoid by sneaking into inside passages going from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and getting some great scenery, all of it due to the small size of Zaandam. Having a piano guy in one bar and a house band in another I also found much more enjoyable than the corporate entertainment  with pre-programmed setlists on Kdam. 

• Like 1

March 2024 I was in 4032, a sideways cabin I was assigned on a standby booking. I enjoyed the room. It is tight but I would not hesitate to stay in one of these again. It was an easy one flight down to the promenade deck and I spent a lot of time walking around outside.