Barcelona Hotel 1 night Precruise

Just my opinion but I don't see any particular benefit in staying near the port as depending on which dock you are sailing from it could still be a decent walk from even the closest hotel (if walking was your intention).

If you haven't been to Barcelona before I would stop in one of the hotels around the cathedral and you could experience a bit of the sights before you board your cruise.

I agree that there is no reason to stay by the port.  You are going to wind up taking a taxi to the ship.  Something off the Ramblas like Hotel Jazz or 1898.

We just stayed at the Hotel Colon, which is right across the plaza from the cathedral.  Great location, nice rooms, and great breakfast.  Make sure you ask for a room on the quiet side as the noise from the plaza can be heard in your room if you are on that side.

After a bunch of research here and other websites we narrowed down to Hotel Continental Barcelona. We will be there pre-cruise for 3 nights next March. One of the things we liked about this hotel besides the location was a free 24-hour snack/food/drink bar. Never been to Barcelona before just relying on the info from other members here and reviews from other sites. Hope this helps.

23 hours ago, marsh-angler said:

After a bunch of research here and other websites we narrowed down to Hotel Continental Barcelona. We will be there pre-cruise for 3 nights next March. One of the things we liked about this hotel besides the location was a free 24-hour snack/food/drink bar. Never been to Barcelona before just relying on the info from other members here and reviews from other sites. Hope this helps.

Welcome

Let me suggest this information

How to move within Barcelona

DIY at Gothic quarter

and some tips about Spanish costumes

• Like 1

We are staying at the Innside by Melia Barcelona Apolo.  It's pretty close to the port but I think you'd still want to take a taxi or at least the metro to get to the cruise bus.

7 hours ago, desibee said:

We are staying at the Innside by Melia Barcelona Apolo.  It's pretty close to the port but I think you'd still want to take a taxi or at least the metro to get to the cruise bus.

Hi

It is 650m to the Port bus. I do not know how much baggage are you carrying but in an airport surely you can walk for more time with trolleys

• 3 weeks later...

We recently stayed two days pre-cruise at: Hotel Rialto, in the heart of The Gothic Quarter, near La Rambla. Nice hotel with a great buffet breakfast.

See: https://www.hotel-rialto.com/EN/hotel.html

We stayed post cruise at: Hotel Arc La Rambla, which is directly on La Rambla closer to the marina. It was a nice hotel with a good buffet breakfast.

See: https://hotelarclarambla.com/en