June 6, 2024 WEIGH IN

Hurray I’m starting this week..    I hope everyone is sticking to dietary plans and exercise.   I’m still trying to get back on track,  which is really the biggest struggle.   I’m still having issues increasing  activity tolerance (either pelvis feels achy and tight or I feel queasy/ weird) . Such a difference from February when I could walk 4-6 miles a day.  Best we can do is take it a day at a time.

• Like 1

Izena - Thanks so much for starting the thread!!!  I have been very good this week (sort of) and weighed myself every day ... thought I was going to be down, but unfortunately last night I needed an ice cream cone (dipped in chocolate).  I am therefore, the same this week that I was last week.

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

• Like 1

Hello all!

I was about .5 lb up on the scales this morning 😒. I'll just keep on doing what I know to do - plus increasing my water intake because I realized how much less water I've been drinking. It's been perfect weather for morning walks too. I'm looking forward to the day when the scales moves in a downward direction, for sure!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Terri

• Like 1

Thanks Izena for starting the thread. I sure am sorry that you are still struggling to get back to baseline.  I have faith that it will happen.  

Jan, I SO loves me an ice cream cone!  But I have been good.  This evening I plan on beginning the first of my ice cream making  for my folks.  We'll go see them on Father's day and I hope to bring at least 6 quarts with me.  My husband helps keep me honest by volunteering to lick the spoon after I have packed the quart containers.  (he loves me, ya know).

Terri, yep that water can really help move things along.  I try very hard to have at least two liters a day. I don't always make it, but I make it more days than not.

My scale said I was down about a half a pound this morning.  I had my semi-annual followup with my doctor today and she informed me I was a full pound down (for a total of 12 pounds lost since I started working to lose weight).  We discussed my fainting spell at the gym and she reminded me that my Physical Therapist earlier in the year had made notes in the chart that I had complained of some dizzy spells there as well (oh yeah, I forgot).  So, I am going to be wearing a Holter monitor for a little bit and then in July I will go for a stress test.  When they took my BP today it was very low (110/50).  She did clear me to work out with my new technique of working with the trainer first, and then do the treadmill, since I have not had any dizzy spells with that sequence. 

Food - lots of fresh salads (of all kinds) with chicken, fish or Shrimp (even a little sliced steak).  Spinach salads with strawberries, big fat blueberries, peaches, raspberries, goat cheese, bacon crumbles and almond slivers.  I use Marzetti Simply Strawberry Poppyseed dressing.  It is 50 calories for 2 tablespoons, but I bet I only use one tablespoon.  The fruit juices just really make this a nice crisp and juicy salad.  Some nights we have a piece of corn with sautéed spinach or a sliced tomato. Some nights we grill salmon filets and either pop them on top of salad or have a small helping of rice (wild, yellow, jasmine or brown). Salads with English cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, red onion, cilantro, salt, pepper and lemon juice.  Breakfast, I still am eating the Keto yogurt many mornings with peaches, strawberries, blueberries and the coconut almond granola.  Or a really spicy avocado toast.  The melons have started coming in, so cantaloupe, watermelon, more strawberries or sliced peaches.  I snack on a modest amount of nuts (cashew, hazelnuts, almonds, Virginia peanuts), slices of red bell pepper, olives.  Also, my husband makes a killer guacamole (the base of my avocado toast) and I use it as a dip for fresh veggies.  Yum.  And full of fiber.

You might be sensing a theme here.  My diet is a heavily water-based diet.  Low on starches,  reasonable proteins.  I keep the bread to a minimum, avoid sweets and processed foods.  I do eat cheese, but avoid processed cheeses.  I do not eat fast food.  

As I said in a previous post.  This is the time of year that is easiest for me to lose weight because so many of my favorite things are available then and most of them are pretty healthy,

Hi everyone I’m back on CC. I’ve lost 60lb in the last year but lately it’s up and down. I think I need to make an appointment with my doctor. My hormones have been all over the place and instead of my weight going up every 4 weeks it’s now every 2 weeks.

Ive got my cruise to Alaska in September. Last week I booked a TA from London to Miami for December. In March is my big family cruise. 

I still have 20-40lb to loose and should be at my goal by March but I hope to be close by December.

• Like 1

Welcome back SoloAlaska - Nice weight loss .... I do understand abut hormones being all over the place.  We went to Alaska a little over a year ago and it was truly amazing.  Living in Maine I never wanted to go anywhere with snow or cold ..... but, I loved Alaska and would really like to go back sometime.  Jan

Hello SoloAlaska.   That is a big loss in a year and from my perspective, ambitious for next March.  My perspective comes from weeks and weeks and weeks of no movement on the scale no matter what I do, and then suddenly a nice little dip (emphasis on little).

So.....inquiring minds want to know. What is your secret?  I know what works for one will not always work for another, but I am always keen to learn from others experiences.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

Hello SoloAlaska.   That is a big loss in a year and from my perspective, ambitious for next March.  My perspective comes from weeks and weeks and weeks of no movement on the scale no matter what I do, and then suddenly a nice little dip (emphasis on little).

So.....inquiring minds want to know. What is your secret?  I know what works for one will not always work for another, but I am always keen to learn from others experiences.  

Years of knowledge was never enough but then I went on meds which made all the difference. I can now use all the tools I have and loose weight. It’s removed the food noise and helped me gain consistency. Now instead of loosing 10-15lb and then putting on 15-20 I just keep loosing and occasionally plateau. 

When I plateau I look at everything to figure out where I can make more improvements and then I’ll start loosing again. Right now it’s increasing my activity that will be my next improvement. That’s mostly however for my upcoming cruise which will involve lots of challenging hikes in Alaska.

The meds aren’t an option for everyone and don’t work for everyone but it was the tool that has made the difference for me. My doctor told me to plan on being on it for 3 years. She wants me at my “ideal weight” and stable for at least a year.

• Like 1