Replacement Australia/NZ cruise s for Moon/Nova 25/26

Techno123

As the original cruises have been cancelled by Silversea, has anyone seen the replacements which were due to be published today? On the UK website they are all still waitlisted. There were supposed to be a couple of replacements at the beginning of Jan 26 according to the notification I received.

4 hours ago, Techno123 said:

As the original cruises have been cancelled by Silversea, has anyone seen the replacements which were due to be published today? On the UK website they are all still waitlisted. There were supposed to be a couple of replacements at the beginning of Jan 26 according to the notification I received.

This morning while speaking to my SS rep (in the US) regarding adjusted plans for the Whisper he mentioned the new itineraries for the Moon and Nova are now scheduled to be released on June 10th.  Ofc the original date was the 5th so we shall see.

• Thanks 1

I wonder what the issue is - dirty bottoms perhaps not acceptable in NZ 😜 I know there was uproar on the Regent board when they kept being sent away to get the hull cleaned.
Quite a few of the early 2025 cruises are either just doing the North Island or if doing the South, avoiding the sounds.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Techno123 said:

I wonder what the issue is - dirty bottoms perhaps not acceptable in NZ 😜 I know there was uproar on the Regent board when they kept being sent away to get the hull cleaned.
Quite a few of the early 2025 cruises are either just doing the North Island or if doing the South, avoiding the sounds.

No SS ships have been cruising NZ since the dirty bottoms policy began so that's not the issue.

Possibly because Australia in particular has become a lot more expensive recently and cruise bookings are down but at the cheap end. Carnival has just announced they are shutting down P&O Australia so losing their 3 Australian ships from the market.

"But now the brand is set to fold as the harsh economic realities of the 2020s take their toll.

Its parent company, the Miami-based Carnival, has decided it's too expensive to operate the brand in Australia."

But now the brand is set to fold as the harsh economic realities of the 2020s take their toll.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-05/how-american-investors-helped-kill-p-and-o-cruises/103935344

Edited by drron29
  • Like 1

Just now, drron29 said:

Carnival has just announced they are shutting down P&O Australia so losing their 3 Australian ships from the market.

They are rebranding 2 of those ships as Carnival and they will stay in Australia.  So they are only reducing the fleet there by 1 ship.

"When the transition is complete next year, Carnival Cruise Line will have four ships in the market, including Sydney-based Carnival Splendor and Carnival Luminosa sailing seasonally from Brisbane, in addition to their new sister ships Encounter and Adventure."

Carnival Cruise Line to Absorb P&O Australia in 2025

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Techno123 said:

SS has been making changes to many early 2026 sailings.  My trip on Whisper was for South America and I believe there are changes to Japan cruises as well.

• Like 1

2026 Australia itineraries are up.  Our fabulous travel agent got us on Silver Nova 16 day for same price as our cancelled Silver moon 14 day.   Don’t know if they will cruise the New Zealand fjords, but very  happy 

• Like 2

I've just checked ours. The Moon cruise does still say it is visiting the Sounds which is one of the Key reasons for visiting but the cost (even with the 15% discount is significantly more than we paid. I have contacted our TA to let her know you managed to get it for the same price so fingers crossed 🤞🏻she can too 😁