New to Haven class--already an annoyance with Email contacting land concierge--

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 2:43 PM, Wayward Son said:

Seriously. Who does that? One who doesn't mind food being "thrown overboard", I guess.

On 6/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, dexddd said:

You continue to post these pics but even if asked, that is not normal.

So,,, these are “normal” for us. Butler snacks and items sent by various departments. For the most part, they are not request we made. 

One of the nicer “snacks” is a chocolate box, made of chocolate, with a bon bon handle, filled with chocolate. And a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. This gift from the General Manager was in our Balcony stateroom in March. 
IMG_5333.thumb.jpeg.25d86ebbdf2a6a603861cfede1e7b571.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, these are “normal” for us. Butler snacks and items sent by various departments. For the most part, they are not request we made. 

One of the nicer “snacks” is a chocolate box, made of chocolate, with a bon bon handle, filled with chocolate. And a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. This gift from the General Manager was in our Balcony stateroom in March. 
IMG_5333.thumb.jpeg.25d86ebbdf2a6a603861cfede1e7b571.jpeg

Wow!  I'm almost Ambassador and I've never seen one of these.  You must have friends in high places!  Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

It's definitely good it works for you! I know it works for others, too. It's just not something we'll ever do. We much prefer having a conversation with the butler each day of the cruise. I don't want to tell the butler to just refer to the letter and, in my experience, the butlers seem a little awkward if you don't have anything to tell them each day. They seem to be much more grateful when we're able to give them an idea of our day. But, to each their own. I'd never tell someone not to provide a letter. If that works, wonderful!

Cruising is joyful. That's all I know!

I do both. Letter on day one and daily conversations. Communicate early and often to have the best experience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2024 at 3:59 PM, cruiseny4life said:

That's great! We've had that on one of our five cruises, letter or not. Letter only one time, actually - our first cruise when we didn't know anything but what we read online. We realized (for us) that it negatively impacted our cruise as it limited interaction on the first day with the butler.

On Pr1ma, in November, our butler did bring only what we requested. Mostly. He did still bring cookies one day and pound bread another. I think it truly varies based on the butler you have. And we consider all the butlers we had, good. Pr1ma's butler, Jefferson, was the best we've had.

Is that the Jefferson who is younger?  If so, we had him on Escape in a DOS.  He was pretty good but first interaction was 'no drinks to room' which we knew.  His wife was assistant to GM iirc at the time.

Only reason mention room type was a post here a few months later who also had him in Haven to never see him and on disembarkation day they were in lounge waiting for walk off and he asked who was their butler and they showed him his card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Is that the Jefferson who is younger?  If so, we had him on Escape in a DOS.  He was pretty good but first interaction was 'no drinks to room' which we knew.  His wife was assistant to GM iirc at the time.

Only reason mention room type was a post here a few months later who also had him in Haven to never see him and on disembarkation day they were in lounge waiting for walk off and he asked who was their butler and they showed him his card.

I think it might be a different Jefferson. This Jefferson was probably 35 - 40 (I'm a terrible judge of age, though). He talked about his two children and wife who he was going to visit. It's certainly possible his wife used to work for NCL/was on a break, but he didn't seem to indicate this. He was supposed to get off in Bermuda for a flight to Doha, then on to Manila, but the Bermuda stop was canceled so he had to wait until NYC. I'm hoping he was able to get a better flight/layover time as his travel time was about 48 hours. 

This was a November 2023 Pr1ma cruise. We were in the Haven "complex/whatever" since NCL has put all the Haven rooms together on Pr1ma class ships. 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:46 AM, BirdTravels said:

So, do you eat all that? Or just throw it overboard....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I think it might be a different Jefferson. This Jefferson was probably 35 - 40 (I'm a terrible judge of age, though). He talked about his two children and wife who he was going to visit. It's certainly possible his wife used to work for NCL/was on a break, but he didn't seem to indicate this. He was supposed to get off in Bermuda for a flight to Doha, then on to Manila, but the Bermuda stop was canceled so he had to wait until NYC. I'm hoping he was able to get a better flight/layover time as his travel time was about 48 hours. 

This was a November 2023 Pr1ma cruise. We were in the Haven "complex/whatever" since NCL has put all the Haven rooms together on Pr1ma class ships. 

That age sounds right for him.

• Like 1