Queen Anne Western Mediterranean - H414

MylesS

Thought I'd create this thread to take over from the QA British Isles cruise. (I wonder if we can have a thread for each cruise of her maiden season? 😉)

Our car hire will pick us up in an hour to hopefully have us arrive at the cruise terminal at around midday for embarkation.

Really excited for this trip, much more than the maiden voyage I think! My thoughts on the ship a month ago was she'll be great for the warm weather, which I'd imagine we'll be getting for the next 16 days.. even here in London, it's a lovely sunny morning.

Tours already pre-purchased as well as the drinks package. So it will be the WiFi and Thermal Spa and then hopefully spending little more from there 😂 (of course excluding tips, etc.)

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Thought I'd create this thread to take over from the QA British Isles cruise. (I wonder if we can have a thread for each cruise of her maiden season? 😉)

Our car hire will pick us up in an hour to hopefully have us arrive at the cruise terminal at around midday for embarkation.

Really excited for this trip, much more than the maiden voyage I think! My thoughts on the ship a month ago was she'll be great for the warm weather, which I'd imagine we'll be getting for the next 16 days.. even here in London, it's a lovely sunny morning.

Tours already pre-purchased as well as the drinks package. So it will be the WiFi and Thermal Spa and then hopefully spending little more from there 😂 (of course excluding tips, etc.)

Have a great cruise I am doing this itinerary in late July so will be very interested to read your  reports. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MylesS said:

That was exactly my thought on our Canary Islands jaunt. She should be excellent for warm weather cruising with lots of outdoor space and a mixture of sun and shade. Have a splendid time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be on her come October for Spain and Portugal, so your thoughts will be very much appreciated! I’ve not done hot weather cruises with Cunard… 

16 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Are you going to meet Queen Victoria? It would be nice for QA finally to meet one of her sisters.

I hope so! I know we’ll see Queen Mary 2 in Southampton on the 23rd, where luckily we’re staying on as in-transit guests

• Like 3

In the taxi so little difficult to figure it out, but here’s our itinerary if someone wants to see if we’ll meet Queen Victoria 

IMG_5951.thumb.jpeg.cafefc2d627f4669bf380609d43685ac.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MylesS said:

In the taxi so little difficult to figure it out, but here’s our itinerary if someone wants to see if we’ll meet Queen Victoria 

IMG_5951.thumb.jpeg.cafefc2d627f4669bf380609d43685ac.jpeg

We are on the QV 10-24 June cruise, and although some of the stops are the same (Barcelona, Civi, Alghero & Palma), they are not on the same days as QA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, missson1967 said:

We are on the QV 10-24 June cruise, and although some of the stops are the same (Barcelona, Civi, Alghero & Palma), they are not on the same days as QA

What a shame. Any chance of you passing each other, preferably in daylight?

1 hour ago, Liberal_Baggie said:

Id be interested in seeing inside a Princess grill cabin if anyone has done a video yet?

Try looking on YouTube - there are several cabin videos on there

Checked in and waiting to board, security hasn’t started just yet.

Managed to skip a large line thanks to Diamond priority, I assume a lot of people showed up early.

Smooth process so far! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Mrs Red Ray & I are currently on a coach heading for Southampton and are due to arrive in about an hour. Like MylesS we too are staying on board for the 7 night fjords cruise commencing on 23 June. Looking forward to experiencing a ship which is only 5 weeks old.

Edited by Red Ray
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

Checked in and waiting to board, security hasn’t started just yet.

Managed to skip a large line thanks to Diamond priority, I assume a lot of people showed up early.

Smooth process so far! 

Are you in Britannia? Club? Grills? Did you pre-book any specialty restaurants? Does your Diamond status give you a free speciality meal? I read that benefit was removed for Maiden voyage. (Not that I’m Diamond…yet)

Best wishes for smooth sailing!

• Like 1

Waited about 20 minutes to be called for security, didn’t mind though as had a lovely seat. 

Grills called first of course before diamonds, however I don’t think a lot of grills guests had checked in yet. 

Anyway, from getting out of the taxi to being in the ship, 40 minutes. Perfectly acceptable!

The holiday has officially began! 

IMG_5953.thumb.jpeg.a290e6aaf0a529fee470874c941d96ed.jpeg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, NE John said:

Are you in Britannia? Club? Grills? Did you pre-book any specialty restaurants? Does your Diamond status give you a free speciality meal? I read that benefit was removed for Maiden voyage. (Not that I’m Diamond…yet)

Best wishes for smooth sailing!

We’re in Britannia. We haven’t pre-booked speciality dining yet as we did all of them on the maiden, so I think we’ll book as and when we feel like it. We will go to at least 2 of them again though. 

Yes, we have a meal for the Diamond perk. I’ll take a picture of the note that explains it when I get back to the cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I'd be interested to know if the library has reverted to two books each time per passenger rather than the ridiculous five on the 10th May.

I don’t normally check out books, but I will make sure to ask when I enquire about singing the Cruise Critic book! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2