Queen Anne Western Mediterranean - H414

MylesS

6 minutes ago, sogne said:

Emergency evacuation is paramount without lining up to swipe  a card.

4 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Non Grills in the Grill's area  happens on QE and QV too but it isn't a huge issue and I don't think it will be much of a problem on QA. Yes we pay a premium but I can't get too excited about it. The crew/staff get to know who is 'pukka' for the most part and the Concierge was definitely on the ball as far as one couple were concerned and swiping a card for an  emergency exit isn't a great idea.

You wouldn't have to swipe to exit the area - cards would only be on entry? And it's not on the way to the lifeboats

Still, you've experienced it and say it's fine. Will see next week!

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

You wouldn't have to swipe to exit the area - cards would only be on entry?

And what if there was a say a fire at the stern, and passengers needed to move forward via the outside deck to get away from it? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

You wouldn't have to swipe to exit the area - cards would only be on entry? And it's not on the way to the lifeboats

Still, you've experienced it and say it's fine. Will see next week!

To be fair, the weather wasn't exactly basking in the sun or escaping to the shade weather. More a case of 'where's the blanket as we're British and we will sit out in the howling wind and slight mizzle' weather.

So many folk commented on this issue of 'what if', I cannot believe it will get to be Grillgate as staff are so aware.

Edited by Victoria2
staff so aware
  • Haha 2

Just now, Victoria2 said:

To be fair, the weather wasn't exactly basking in the sun or escaping to the shade weather. More a case of 'where's the blanket as we're British and we will sit out in the howling wind and slight mizzle' weather.

So many folk commented on this issue of 'what if', I cannot believe it will get to be Grillgate!

Surely it'd be Grillsgategate?

I'm expecting fjords next week to need a blanket on deck... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

And what if there was a say a fire at the stern, and passengers needed to move forward via the outside deck to get away from it? 

Then crew would have an override 

The balance could be that they don't want to inconvenience Grills passengers having to use a card v the occasional use by other passengers as a walkthrough. I'm surprised that the area is reportedly not that busy 

Surely it'd be Grillsgategate?

I'm expecting fjords next week to need a blanket on deck... 

It was the wind wot did it in for us!!! 😀

The Fjords can be scorching so take your SPF 50 along with a blanket. Be prepared! 👍

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

It was the wind wot did it in for us!!! 😀

The Fjords can be scorching so take your SPF 50 along with a blanket. Be prepared! 👍

I've seen the forecast....actually it is improving a bit  image.png.d78e1271cb9e7c80e113c498d08d7371.png

Posted (edited)

People have mentioned buffet queues previously, but I can report it all seems fine now. Any short queues move quickly. In fact I would say there is less queueing than for the self-serve buffets on other ships, because the staff can serve people briskly whereas if it's left to passengers there will inevitably be some ditherers or physically challenged people who serve themselves very slowly. Also on the plus side there's less waste and mess, and more hygiene.

Edited by jay1283
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I've seen the forecast....actually it is improving a bit  image.png.d78e1271cb9e7c80e113c498d08d7371.png

Look at www.yr.no Norwegian met Office detailed 4cast  4all ports also met office 4 Bergen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clewgarnet said:

Oh, wow, I've just looked at the deck plans. That really is a terrible layout for those of us travelling pauper class. I'm not surprised people are using the Grills terrace as a cut-through.

How clearly is it labelled as the Grills terrace? (Although that said, I ended up lounging on the Grills terrace on my first voyage, because I had no idea what the Grills were. I just thought it was the name of the area. Could have been labelled with a flashing neon sign and it wouldn't have meant anything to me.)

I don’t think someone could convincingly claim ignorance. But it is really not a big deal.
IMG_0835.thumb.jpeg.265f8e188864a50ea671f86259a330c4.jpeg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Then crew would have an override 

The balance could be that they don't want to inconvenience Grills passengers having to use a card v the occasional use by other passengers as a walkthrough. I'm surprised that the area is reportedly not that busy 

It is a large area. Equally, there is so much gorgeous outside deck space that I cannot see the Grills Terrace being particularly attractive for lounging to those not entitled even in the sunniest weather, except to rebels. As a cut though, much more.

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It is a large area. Equally, there is so much gorgeous outside deck space that I cannot see the Grills Terrace being particularly attractive for lounging to those not entitled even in the sunniest weather, except to rebels. As a cut though, much more.

I sat up there a few times. The loungers that had the cushions were near the rail, and that's where I usually sat. I did notice a lot of people walking through behind where I sat, but they weren't stopping. This happened more on the first few days when people were exploring/finding their way around. I wasn't bothered by them, more curious to see if anyone on staff challenged them, but as there was no staff, it didn't happen.

8 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Maybe Ok to go up Bergen funicular. Is that walkable from ship (it's closer than cable car I think)?

Not paying Cunard rates...

15 -20 minutes if you know the way

cable car has shuttle bus from town centre to cable car details here

:  https://ulriken643.no/en/find-us

• Thanks 1

I was politely asked to leave the terrace as apparently “that isn’t what Grill’s area means” and “it’s a fire hazard”? 

All I had with me was this?

IMG_6362.thumb.png.5b156f7ae3579c048fa152f506032b1d.png

• Haha 12

was asking about funicular as that's closer/walkable? But not as high. Which is better in your opinion?

Weather dependent look at webcam on cable car link I gave u and also 

www.floreyen.no and check out both webcams. Cable car has wider view but funicular better view of Bergen and ship in distance.

1 minute ago, sogne said:

Weather dependent look at webcam on cable car link I gave u and also 

www.floreyen.no and check out both webcams. Cable car has wider view but funicular better view of Bergen and ship in distance.

Correction floyen

Captain has just come on to say we’re diverting to medically disembark a crew member and passenger, should be at the port/pickup area in 2 hours.

Thoughts are with both of them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Captain has just come on to say we’re diverting to medically disembark a crew member and passenger, should be at the port/pickup area in 2 hours.

Thoughts are with both of them.  

Where are you going to? Hope they are OK.