Canned Cocktails

helenb

We boarded Regal Princess today (June 8 ) and went to lunch in the dining room. While we were there, a few waiters were pushing around big carts of canned cocktails, and trying to ‘sell’ them to people (they were included in the Plus package). It felt a little weird… why were they trying to push canned margaritas, canned G&Ts, canned daiquiris, etc.? 

it made me wonder… perhaps with so many people getting drink packages, the bars are getting overwhelmed and they are trying to push the cans as an easier option for the bartenders?

Has anyone else seen these trays of canned cocktails?

We don’t buy the Package and I'm

not much of a drinker, but I can guarantee if I did, I would be using it for real live fancy cocktails or nice glass of wine. I can get a canned Cayman Jack or White Claw to enjoy at a barbecue at home! 😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, helenb said:

It made me wonder… perhaps with so many people getting drink packages, the bars are getting overwhelmed and they are trying to push the cans as an easier option for the bartenders?

$$$$

• Like 2

And if you do buy a canned cocktail check the ingredients. My sister thought she was doing something easy and a treat and every mixed drink pina colada, daquires, frozen rinks were all made with white wine not liquor. Other than the fruit flavor they were all the same, not bad but sweet.

8 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

And if you do buy a canned cocktail check the ingredients. My sister thought she was doing something easy and a treat and every mixed drink pina colada, daquires, frozen rinks were all made with white wine not liquor. Other than the fruit flavor they were all the same, not bad but sweet.

NCL they mix on board in bulk(at the bar) for some cocktails on tap.

9 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

NCL they mix on board in bulk(at the bar) for some cocktails on tap.

I've had a couple only remember a mango drink. I tend to only drink in the evening and its a martini, something on the rocks, or wine.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

I've had a couple only remember a mango drink. I tend to only drink in the evening and its a martini, something on the rocks, or wine.

I was surprised, it was a cocktail from real bottles of the relevant ingredients not a premix from off ship in kegs/bladders..

I am a beer drinker  which is a challenge on Princess as they don't have a good selection.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

I was surprised, it was a cocktail from real bottles of the relevant ingredients not a premix from off ship in kegs/bladders..

I am a beer drinker  which is a challenge on Princess as they don't have a good selection.

The best beer I had was in Alaska we had this on an excursion and that night I found out they had this on board. 

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

"Mango Meltdown".... 

Posted (edited)

When we went on Sun Princess last month, we were surprised to get a top shelf full of canned cocktails in the fridge instead of the normal Elite mini-bar spirits. We normally take the spirits home in our suitcase but didn't really want to take these back!  I know other passengers got these too but the spirits appear to be back in circulation now.

image.png.918fcef0c6e00c88f53f184142113f82.png

Edited by dides

52 minutes ago, dides said:

When we went on Sun Princess last month, we were surprised to get a top shelf full of canned cocktails in the fridge instead of the normal Elite mini-bar spirits. We normally take the spirits home in our suitcase but didn't really want to take these back!  I know other passengers got these too but the spirits appear to be back in circulation now.

Would they let you exchange them like normal?

3 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

Would they let you exchange them like normal?

I am sure it would be possible - we never asked as we had Premium so had plenty of new drinks to try around the ship!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dides said:

I assume we can still swap out for all cans of soda?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, helenb said:

Has anyone else seen these trays of canned cocktails?

The only canned cocktails we've seen onboard were on the Discovery in October '23 at the Good Spirits bar. We were back on the Discovery in Dec '23 and nobody knew anything about canned cocktails. The bartenders at Good Spirits denied all knowledge of such. 

The attached photo shows the canned cocktails we saw, brand is Post Meridiem and there were a few varieties. Are these the canned cocktails you saw?

2024-02-13 07.30.21.jpg

On 6/8/2024 at 10:47 AM, helenb said:

We boarded Regal Princess today (June 8 ) and went to lunch in the dining room. While we were there, a few waiters were pushing around big carts of canned cocktails, and trying to ‘sell’ them to people (they were included in the Plus package).

Sounds cheesy, and not an upscale venue of any kind would do.  (Just MHO.)