TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

She was trying to get a count on the way down. Problem is, she didn’t count how many stayed back on the bus. So she was clueless, kept us standing in one sunny spot for a few minutes. My field trip brain was melting down…. ANYWAY, around this time a resident of one of the houses came to his gate and asked her - in English! - to please move the group. We are disturbing his family. She starts yelling back at him that he lives for tourism and he knows where he lives and she’ll move us when she can… he yelled back and called her stupid… then a guy in our group got antagonistic with him

and started offering him money to go away… this made it worse… he started yelling how stupid we were, came out of the gate, and yelled at the guide “I DON’T LIVE FOR YOU - STUPID” and darted into a store across the way. At that point we all

GTFO’ed

• Like 3
  • Haha 36

On 6/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, pcvtmom said:

When we went on our Med cruise, I had no idea what to expect in Dubrovnik.  It ended up being one of our favorite stops! Enjoy, but try to stay cool and hydrated. (I remember the old town being ridiculously hot!)

P6180098.JPG

What did you do that made it your favorite? Trying to plan a day 

• Like 1

Back on the bus. She’s going on about the rules of the restaurant. All I’ve gathered is don’t eat til you’re told and as soon as the music and dancing ends we leave IMMEDIATELY- she shouldn’t have to tell us when to leave, we now know 

• Haha 21

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Back on the bus. She’s going on about the rules of the restaurant. All I’ve gathered is don’t eat til you’re told and as soon as the music and dancing ends we leave IMMEDIATELY- she shouldn’t have to tell us when to leave, we now know 

At this point, I would have left the tour and made my way to the cable car and straight to the excursion desk to make a complaint.  I don't pay to be yelled at or belittled.  Nothing is worth that.  Sorry you guys had to deal with that.  But the scenery is gorgeous!! 

If the cable car lines are too horrible, I can tell you that the walk down the donkey steps are doable.  We did it on a day that was hot/sunny after we did a very 'productive' wine tasting at a winery.  We made it down without falling or dropping any of our 12 bottles of wine we had bought to take home.  If you take the donkey steps, go slow and enjoy the views.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Wow, please make sure to fill out a survey on this excursion. Even for those with Spanish as their primary language, she sounds like a very unpleasant guide. 

Edited by Cscomedygrl
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, tsahall01 said:

Where's the wow! button!!  I think at this point I would go to the shore excursion desk and ask for a refund!  What a horrible tour guide!

This. 

I also think Santorini has gotten way too crowded. It is beautiful and I'm glad I checked it off my bucket list. But if I ever go back I would stay at a hotel away from the madness and visit Akrotiri and some of the beaches. 😄

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Lady, trust me, getting me to leave this party will be the easiest thing you’ve done in a while 

Was this tour listed as “un viaje.desde el infierno”? If not I’d  be requesting a refund.

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

14 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

At this point, I would have left the tour and made my way to the cable car and straight to the excursion desk to make a complaint.  I don't pay to be yelled at or belittled.  Nothing is worth that.  Sorry you guys had to deal with that.  But the scenery is gorgeous!! 

If the cable car lines are too horrible, I can tell you that the walk down the donkey steps are doable.  We did it on a day that was hot/sunny after we did a very 'productive' wine tasting at a winery.  We made it down without falling or dropping any of our 12 bottles of wine we had bought to take home.  If you take the donkey steps, go slow and enjoy the views.

We may do that…. Also, I think it helps that I can only understand like 20% of what she’s saying 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11