Vibe on a transatlantic??

After fighting for pool loungers in the shade or space on the waterfront during the day, or trying to find a quiet place to read on several past cruises, I'm thinking about booking the Vibe on a 14-day TA cruise in late November. Question is, will the Vibe be worth it? Would a TA be fully booked to the point that, on sea days, public places are likely to be crowded and noisy, bartenders overworked? (Unpredictable, I know but) is it likely that sitting outdoors on most days would be pleasant enough even if it's not "bathing suit" weather? We'll be on a southerly route, Barcelona to Miami. Thanks!

You can find out if your ship is going to be really full fairly easily. No solo supplement means the cruise will appeal to solos aka less people onboard. Are they struggling to sell cabins? Check if the price has been dropping lately. Are large parts of the ship still unsold? Some travel agencies make it easier to see available cabins online.

We have not really had an issue with loungers on any ship as long as you were not too picky as to where you were.  Sun is Sun and Shade is shade if you want to people watch or dip in and out of the pool that is different.  TAs have a very different crowd than most cruises, they usually have so many high point cruisers rather than have an event for them they just pass out drink coupons on one cruise about 25-30% of the people were high on the cruise status list.  This also means that most of the areas they can access for a discount or free are very busy.

Kind of like when you  go to the airport and the TSa PRE line is 2X longer than the regular line and no one wants to give up their status.

Most of the TAs I have been on recently have pretty much been full with the exception of one that went from Lisbon to Rio it was short staffed it seemed so they had quite a few empty cabins.

Hard to say until you are there and see what weather is.  We did more northerly in September and Vibe never saw one person in there due to weather.  Pretty much same for Prima outside Haven.

• Like 1

Have done a few European cruises around that time. Weather has always been nice and warm. I love the vibe and even if it’s cool I like to go up and relax. The bartender get to know you so well and it’s a great place to relax and chill. Doing a TA out of Southampton in February and have booked it. 

• Like 1

I’ve just booked Vibe for a TA because I want a nicer area for the sea days if it is busy. I’m also doing the southerly route via Madeira so the weather should be good. I did a previous TA on that route and it was sunny with temperatures high 70’s/low 80’s every day. I’ll only go that route for a TA for the better chance of good weather.

You've all convinced me - I booked. I look forward to an uncrowded, comfortable area with good service. Thanks for the responses!

• Like 1

I booked it for my mid-Atlantic Prima TA in November (Rome-NYC). I am not (yet) high status with NCL (lowly silver, will be gold after that cruise due to double points) and not in the Haven. So it's worth it to me - hopefully, it will be usable during the crossing, even if a jacket might be needed! Got the thermal spa as well.

• Like 1