Transfer from Laguardia Airport to Brooklyn Terminal

My wife and I will be cruising out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on September 7, 2024, and returning on September 14, 2024.  Princess does not have any transfers available and was wondering the best way to get to the cruise terminal and then back to the airport.  Any idea of the cost?  Are cabs easily available or Uber?  Thank you. 

Plenty of cabs and Uber. It sound strange that Princess is not offering post cruise  transfers for those passengers that are flying out the same day as disembarkation. It also sounds strange for pre-cruise transfers for those flying in the same day as embarkation.

We just did a Princess transfer from LGA to Brooklyn with lots of other people on 6/4.  Maybe they will be available closer to your sailing.  Also we had to go through our TA to book it, we could not do anything on line ourselves.  FYI, they are also offering the same transfers at disembarkation.

35 minutes ago, 10cruise said:

NewPennCruiser.  Can you tell me what time your flight was at disembarkation? How long was the ride?  Thanks again...

We are currently on the ship so we have not left yet but the disembarkation transfer says it required a flight time of 1:00 or later.  Our flight is 2:30.  The transfer to the ship took forever because traffic was in complete gridlock.  Princess said 40-50 minutes but it probably took 90+ minutes once we got on the bus and stopped twice at the airport and then crept along the Brooklyn Expressway.  Taking a taxi or Uber would have probably been just as bad.  In fact when I checked a cost for Uber they quoted basically the same cost as the transfer for the two of us.

Did you actually check with Princess for transfers or just try on line?  I read that people have been able to book on line but have never succeeded always had to call CVP to get transfers added. 

Thank you for taking the time to write back.  It's greatly appreciated!  What ship are you on?  Can you tell me what day the ship left the port?  We are arriving and departing on a Saturday.  I wonder if the drive time would be any easier vs departing M - F.  I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

2 hours ago, 10cruise said:

Thank you for taking the time to write back.  It's greatly appreciated!  What ship are you on?  Can you tell me what day the ship left the port?  We are arriving and departing on a Saturday.  I wonder if the drive time would be any easier vs departing M - F.  I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

We’re on the Island and got on the ship last Tuesday.  I didn’t think Tuesday morning traffic would be bad but I was sure wrong.  Saturday will probably be better.  We did a transfer from LGA with NCL to the Manhattan terminal last summer on a Saturday and traffic was not bad.  I realize that’s a different direction but Saturday results might be the same.

Unless the cruise line’s transfer is markedly cheaper, it is better to take your own taxi or Uber.  When you use the line’s transfer you often have a substantial wait until the bus fills up (unless you are lucky enough to be the last one climbing on), you have a crowded bus ride rather than a comfortable car, and when you get off you are part of a crowd all pushing ahead.