Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral???

Hi, we usually cruise out of Miami and it's very easy to get from the airport to the Port, but I just put the Mariner on a 24 hour hold for December and I'm trying to find out information about getting from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. I'd appreciate any information you can give me. Are there shuttles??? Price??? Rent a Car???? I'm open for any ideas.

Thanks,

Beachbuddy

There are a multitude of options to get from the airport to the port. Yes, there are rental cars with one-way drop offs (Budget is now the closest) and they will shuttle you to the port from their rental location in Cocoa Beach. That is generally the cheapest option if you have more than two people, but involves a little bit of extra hassle for the drop off.

There are tons of town car and limo services that will take you to the pier as well. They tend to be a little more expensive, but you're not doing the driving, and many services handle large groups with limos or shuttle vans. Some will also include a grocery stop if you desire.

You can also add on transfers through RCCL as long as you are arriving in the time frames that they run their bus transfer service; it's $50 round trip (at least it was last time I checked) and also relatively hassle-free.

Enjoy the Mariner, she's a wonderful ship! :)

Quote}

You can also add on transfers through RCCL as long as you are arriving in the time frames that they run their bus transfer service; it's $50 round trip (at least it was last time I checked) and also relatively hassle-free.

QUOTE]

Transfers are now $64 p/p...hope that helps.

We went down a day early. We rented a car from Budget but it was a real hassle at the airport in Orlando. The line was slow and they tried to downsize the car we had ordered. I think we probably spent an hour or more there.

Once things were straightened out, it was nice to have the car for the night. We went shopping for last minute items, drove around and went out to eat. We liked the freedom the car gave us.

The next morning we returned the car and Budget shuttled us to the pier. That went really well.

On the return trip, it was a major hassle again. They had only three shuttles running from the ship to the car rental, so we ended up standing in the parking lot at the pier for close to an hour, then standing outside Budget with our luggage for at least that long as the car was picked up.

I think we would have been better off taking Art's Shuttle on the return trip to the airport. As far as I know, it only runs the days of the cruise.

We used All In One Limo to go from Orlando to Port Canaveral and what a blast we had.

Nothing like arriving in style in a stretch limo. Our driver (Heidi) even made a grocery stop so that I could stock up on Pepsi (yes, I also purchase a coke sticker as well).

After the cruise Heidi picked us up again and drove us to WDW again making another grocery stop.

I would highly recommend them as they were courteous and prompt.

I guess it depends on how many people are travelling. There was three of us and taking transfers from RCCL and the limo was not much of a price difference. We concluded would we rather arrive on a bus packed with passengers or arrive by taxi, limo, etc by ourselves.

Did not regret the decision.

Have a great cruise as the Mariner is a beautiful ship.

Just add .com to both of their names for the websites. artsshuttle.com & allinonelimo.com We are going to do the Mariner in August and are going to use one of these. The rental car seems like too much of a hassle.

Sondrahttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Smile

Just add .com to both of their names for the websites. artsshuttle.com & allinonelimo.com We are going to do the Mariner in August and are going to use one of these. The rental car seems like too much of a hassle.

Sondrahttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Smile

Thanks...

There are a multitude of options to get from the airport to the port. Yes, there are rental cars with one-way drop offs (Budget is now the closest) and they will shuttle you to the port from their rental location in Cocoa Beach. That is generally the cheapest option if you have more than two people, but involves a little bit of extra hassle for the drop off.

I'm using Budget next week and when we return, $37 down to P'Can and $29 back with unlimited miles. 24 hour service at MCO and the office in P'Can is open on Sunday and were the most friendly and pleasant to deal with when I called them to ask questions. They're very familiar with cruisers and happy to help. One bright user on the boards suggested dropping off luggage at the pier, then taking the car to the rental office and riding back to the ship in their shuttle with only your carry ons.

Hope that helps you a little. Getting to P'Can from MCO is a straight shot, about 45 minutes on a good day, and an hour on a bad day.

We were just on the Mariner a couple of weeks ago and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for our transportation. We arrived on Friday evening, they were waiting for us at the airport to took us to our hotel. On Sunday morning they transferred us to the ship and we also used them to return to the airport. They were a recommendation from the hotel we stayed at and we had no problems with there service. I don't have there website but there phone number is 888-784-4144.

This info is very helpful! We'll also be flying down Fri night and spending Saturday at Epcot (so renting a car). For the return, the best flight we can find so far leaves at 5:40 on Sunday.

Anyone know what time we disembark - and any suggestions for what we can do until we need to be at the airport? Alternatively - what's the earliest flight we could safely book? The fares seem to be reasonable only for really early (9 am and before) or after 5.

Thanks for any and all help!

This info is very helpful! We'll also be flying down Fri night and spending Saturday at Epcot (so renting a car). For the return, the best flight we can find so far leaves at 5:40 on Sunday.

Anyone know what time we disembark - and any suggestions for what we can do until we need to be at the airport? Alternatively - what's the earliest flight we could safely book? The fares seem to be reasonable only for really early (9 am and before) or after 5.

Thanks for any and all help!

I'm not leaving until Monday morning since I'm driving over to Lakeland after we get off the ship Sunday the 9th, to check out the Sun-N-Fun airshow at Lakeland Linder airport. That's one of the reasons that I wanted my own vehicle. If you're going to fly out the same day, I would recommend a Kennedy Space Center morning and afternoon. There's not nearly enough time to do one of the worlds (WDW, Epcot, Universal), but you could get a flavor of KSC. Maybe you could even get a later flight, and have a nice dinner in Orlando to take the sting out of not having the fabulous service I'm so looking forward to on Mariner. A later flight might even be cheaper. LOL. Hope this helps. Are you on the April 2 sailing?

I'm not leaving until Monday morning since I'm driving over to Lakeland after we get off the ship Sunday the 9th, to check out the Sun-N-Fun airshow at Lakeland Linder airport. That's one of the reasons that I wanted my own vehicle. If you're going to fly out the same day, I would recommend a Kennedy Space Center morning and afternoon. There's not nearly enough time to do one of the worlds (WDW, Epcot, Universal), but you could get a flavor of KSC. Maybe you could even get a later flight, and have a nice dinner in Orlando to take the sting out of not having the fabulous service I'm so looking forward to on Mariner. A later flight might even be cheaper. LOL. Hope this helps. Are you on the April 2 sailing?

Is that air show at Lakeland Linder airport with all of those beautiful United States Air Force Planes, or is there going to be a bunch of those worthless, highpriced bucket-of-bolts those Navy so-called-pilots fly? Just curious....

Wraithe....you can run, but you can't hide....

cruise on... just a few more days

Is that air show at Lakeland Linder airport with all of those beautiful United States Air Force Planes, or is there going to be a bunch of those worthless, highpriced bucket-of-bolts those Navy so-called-pilots fly? Just curious....

Wraithe....you can run, but you can't hide....

cruise on... just a few more days

A little of both buddy (which you know is only half a word). Mostly experimentals, single engine birds, and war birds. There are a ton of vendors though, and a swap meet if you want to dig through somebody elses airplane trash. LOL.

RCCL was happy to sell us transfers on the spot at the airport (put on sign and sail card) and on the ship for 25 per person each way. On the way to the airport they "checked in" our luggage so it was painless...

Their airport staff were pleasant and fun to talk to.

Next time I might try to find a cheaper bus but for first timers or the nervous (If the bus borke down they'd hold the ship) this was the way to go.

RCCL was happy to sell us transfers on the spot at the airport (put on sign and sail card) and on the ship for 25 per person each way. On the way to the airport they "checked in" our luggage so it was painless...

Their airport staff were pleasant and fun to talk to.

Next time I might try to find a cheaper bus but for first timers or the nervous (If the bus broke down they'd hold the ship) this was the way to go.

Archived