ship to shore phone calls

dbrown84

Hello.  anyone know the current ship to shore phone call rates.  On the seashore if it is ship depended.  I'll need to make one phone call during my cruise.  I was just about to order the internet package so that I could make this call, but then I figured why pay the $150 when I could probably just pay for the one phone call.  Another option...do they sell a one day internet pass, or a minutes based internet package?  thanks

7 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Hello.  anyone know the current ship to shore phone call rates.  On the seashore if it is ship depended.  I'll need to make one phone call during my cruise.  I was just about to order the internet package so that I could make this call, but then I figured why pay the $150 when I could probably just pay for the one phone call.  Another option...do they sell a one day internet pass, or a minutes based internet package?  thanks

Hi, MSC doesn't publish that data. They just say "it is very expensive". I think it is over $12 but not sure. (I found that Holland lines ask for $16/minute)

Second question.... does your mobile company accepts satellite calls?. Price will be a bit smaller

I assume you must call being on board, not in any port

2 hours ago, alserrod said:

Hi, MSC doesn't publish that data. They just say "it is very expensive". I think it is over $12 but not sure. (I found that Holland lines ask for $16/minute)

Second question.... does your mobile company accepts satellite calls?. Price will be a bit smaller

I assume you must call being on board, not in any port

doesn't surprise me that they don't publish it.  I will be in Costa Maya the day I need to make the call.  I can look for free wifi while there (or free if I buy a cerveza).  worst case, I'll just use the ship phone.  The call won't be longer than a minute anyway.  just need to check in on something.  

49 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

doesn't surprise me that they don't publish it.  I will be in Costa Maya the day I need to make the call.  I can look for free wifi while there (or free if I buy a cerveza).  worst case, I'll just use the ship phone.  The call won't be longer than a minute anyway.  just need to check in on something.  

Surely from the port you will pay less than calling from the ship

40 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Many us cell plans include Mexico..or offer a day pass in port, check with them assuming you have a cell phone..

We have a winner!!!!  never thought of this.  just bought the plan for $5!