Virgin Voyages "What were they thinking?"

Cloud9 Bob

42 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Seating  in many public places that is totally uncomfortable. It seems to be designed for photos, not function.

I find this true for most of the ships I have sailed in the last few years.  It’s as if they want you up and moving…spending…. EM

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Seating  in many public places that is totally uncomfortable. It seems to be designed for photos, not function.

Especially near the teeter totter....you know those chairs that look like a horizontal rubber tire with the rope netting inside....supended like a swing with 3 heavy metal chains? Super expensive and mega uncomfortable. They do make up for it with the hammocks on the balcony though. 💡

24 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Especially near the teeter totter....you know those chairs that look like a horizontal rubber tire with the rope netting inside....supended like a swing with 3 heavy metal chains? Super expensive and mega uncomfortable. They do make up for it with the hammocks on the balcony though. 💡

Those aren’t chairs, they are playground swings for swinging in, hence them being next to the see-saws.

8 hours ago, babalooo said:

The pool is #1

Those cabanas you rent that take up  one side of the ship’s deck…I’ve been on 3 cruises and never saw even one of those booked. Totally empty and a waste of space.

I think the aesthetic is bad as well   They look more like cells in the brig on a navy vessel than private lounges on a superyacht.  I suspect they would sell if they improved this.

Edited by Btr2trvl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, babalooo said:

The pool is #1

Those cabanas you rent that take up  one side of the ship’s deck…I’ve been on 3 cruises and never saw even one of those booked. Totally empty and a waste of space.

I saw a couple of the in use on our 14 night cruise and got to look inside one.  Totally not worth it.  They have a mini fridge, a couple of seats, and a crew member who checks on you periodically.   Oh, and some fans .  I wouldn't even want to spend a day in one; there are lots of better public spots and I can fetch my own beverages.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2024 at 1:46 PM, jon81uk said:

The see-saw and swings are some of the best features! Playgrounds are wasted on kids. I’m just annoyed there isn’t a slide as well.

A slide would be awesome. Like from somewhere up on deck 17 down to 15 or something...I support this ..lol

• Like 3