Laundry - How Returned?

Just for clarification, it is my experience that a second bag of laundry can be placed on your bed when you go to dinner and it will be returned the next morning when your Room Steward cleans your stateroom. Since the first "Dressy Night" is often the second cruise night, I include "dressy" items in my Embarkation Day dinnertime laundry bag. In a few cruise days, all of your clothing will be refreshed and a single bag of laundry may be sufficient.

Beginning on the third cruise day, laundry returns may slow as passengers begin using the single bag laundry option.  For those with the unlimited laundry package, their clothing will be freshly laundered by the second cruise day and the slowed return will have no impact. 

For the above reasons, you can truly pack for just 3-4 days for each cruise. 

Not quite a 4* just yet, but I always buy the Laundry Package.  On my most recent cruises, I've requested a 2nd laundry bag from my cabin steward on embarkation day.  This way I'm sending it out each day without having to wait until it returns for a new bag.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Euby said:

Not quite a 4* just yet, but I always buy the Laundry Package.  On my most recent cruises, I've requested a 2nd laundry bag from my cabin steward on embarkation day.  This way I'm sending it out each day without having to wait until it returns for a new bag.

and extra laundry lists.

• Like 3

And when people say folded, they mean folded neatly into tissue paper which is then closed with a gold seal. Free laundry is by far the best benefit of being a 4 star!! I almost always get my laundry the same day. I do a mix of folded and hangers!  And I usually get at least one note per cruise. Its one thing of HAL's that has not gotten worse since I've been sailing (since the 1980s.)

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, Cruising-along said:

We got notes every time on our 94-day cruise this year. (and that's a lot of notes!)  😅

Same with the GWV.  Laundry was always done nicely and the notes had different names on them each time but the handwriting was the same!

On 6/17/2024 at 2:23 PM, Crew News said:

For the above reasons, you can truly pack for just 3-4 days for each cruise. 

But somehow we still overpack!

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2024 at 6:19 AM, wandrr said:

Sure. My military days included the same training and similar conditions. Fortunately, I am well beyond that now, though I look back with lots of memories...

I still fold my skivvies and bras the Navy way! 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The only time I ever tried ships laundry was on HAL. Sent 3 shirts out to be  pressed. They came back basically ruined, with yellow coloration in a repeating pattern, as if something transferred from a previous pressing. It was progressively less noticeable from shirt 1 through 3. Fairly inexpensive shirts from Khols's, so no big loss. Trying to fly light for an overseas 14 night in a few months, so going to give the ship laundry another try

Edited by RedIguana

7 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The only time I ever tried ships laundry was on HAL. Sent 3 shirts out to be  pressed. They came back basically ruined, with yellow coloration in a repeating pattern, as if something transferred from a previous pressing. It was progressively less noticeable from shirt 1 through 3. Fairly inexpensive shirts from Khols's, so no big loss. Trying to fly light for an overseas 14 night in a few months, so going to give the ship laundry another try

Be careful with delicate or fragile items.  I never send in those kind of things.  Bring a little soap and wash it yourself in the tub.  They only have one dryer setting...blast furnace!

I love the laundry service overall, but I still write "Machine wash on low (not on hot), tumble dry low" when I submit special tencel material sleeveless tanks I have that are next to impossible to replace.  The first time I sent one in (fortunately just one) it came back beautifully hung on a hanger but sized to fit a 10-year-old.  However, after that, always with the instruction, and perhaps due to the instruction though I cannot prove it, the same shirts come back perfect, unshrunk.

48 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Be careful with delicate or fragile items.  I never send in those kind of things.  Bring a little soap and wash it yourself in the tub.  They only have one dryer setting...blast furnace!

Just basic men's dress shirt sent out to be pressed, not even laundered. Nothing was delicate about them. Based on the overwhelming positive experiences posted here, am going to give it another shot, and will request wash cold, dry low for everything.

• Like 1