Smooth or rough seas to look forward to on the Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale segment of this transatlantic cruise?

Hello,

I'm somewhat fearful of transatlantic cruising as I’ve luckily never encountered rocky weather( other than cruising around the tip of South America ) once in out of 16 cruises! Any advice or tips?

In my experience, anything goes I'm afraid, and that applies to any time of year, and any routing. 

It could be flat calm or dog rough.🙂

Scroll through the first 5 or 6 pages and your question will undoubtedly be answered there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 5:59 AM, mavie said:

Hello,

I'm somewhat fearful of transatlantic cruising as I’ve luckily never encountered rocky weather( other than cruising around the tip of South America ) once in out of 16 cruises! Any advice or tips?

Cruising on a Transatlantic is a lot calmer  than cruising on the 401 now 🤣

IMG_7338.thumb.jpeg.2e29e3f2f170aba6b66368cb403c62ef.jpegIMG_7337.thumb.jpeg.9cc547db44d3f87d56cf68c14b47ce4c.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Haha 1

Smooth of rough?  Yes!  Anything from glassy to 30 foot+ and everything between.  You are on the sea the conditions do vary, year round.   If one is fearful of the sea, the best solution is not to go on any ship :).

Hank

We had beautifully flat to being chased by a storm on the same crossing. Still nothing compared to the seas I’ve experienced in Alaska though. Guess what still going on another Alaskan cruise on the same route at the same time of year though. I just go prepared with my EmeTerm bracelet now.

• Like 1

Just completed 33 days on the Voyager of the Seas from Galveston to Ravenna.

33 days of flat seas and beautiful weather.

Seas and weather can't be controlled.

Our worst seas have been in the Mediterranean and the Gulf of Mexico, but nothoigh horrendous..  At least for us as weather and seas don't bother us.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 4:59 AM, mavie said:

Hello,

You can never know.

We did FLL-Southampton last month & the weather was lovely all the way--60s & mostly sunny.

But we had a few days where movement bothered us.

Over 40 cruises under our belt & never have hit any major weather but certainly have had occasional movement that was bothersome. 

I always have a seasickness kit with seasickness bands, bonine, ginger chews & patches (prescription)

• Like 1

The answer is above.

2018 TransAtlantic, 20' swells for 5 straight days.

2019 TransPacific, The Bearing Sea,  calm as glass for 4 straight days. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2024 at 5:59 AM, mavie said:

Hello,

If you cruised around the tip of South America, you can handle a TA ;o)

But if you're interested, here's what we experienced in 2022 during the Wonder WB TA.

• Like 1