Dining reservations

negn

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I don’t know what is happening on other ships, but we got on Regal today and 10 minutes into dinner our waiter asked us if we wanted our table reserved for the rest of the cruise. Same thing for the people next to us. While we have requested the same table in the past, we’ve never had a waiter approach us about it. Something else new??

We did that on the Enchanted last fall. We had a great waiter and a nice 2-top. He suggested we could have the same table/time if we talked to the people at the desk going into the dining room. We did and this allowed us to just walk in like we were in Traditional except at our selected time. We also had a nice couple at the 2-top next to us who were doing the same thing, so we got to know them pretty well by the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

Ruby Princess.dining is now working. Was able to book a private table in Botticelli at 6 pm every night. Only encountered one oddity: our farthest out cruise starts just under a year from now and finishes just over a year from now. Could only reserve the nights up to the one year mark. No big, We can come back in a week or so. 

Edited by Z0nker

With this new dining program, are we still unable to reserve our preference prior to final payment? I just tried again and the answer was no. We are only gold until our next cruise in a few weeks. Even then not at platinum or elite. Tempted to pay the cruise the Sun for January, in full. 

Has anyone heard otherwise? TYIA! 

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

I don’t know what is happening on other ships, but we got on Regal today and 10 minutes into dinner our waiter asked us if we wanted our table reserved for the rest of the cruise. Same thing for the people next to us. While we have requested the same table in the past, we’ve never had a waiter approach us about it. Something else new??

Definitely new. 

1 hour ago, bandp407 said:

Tempted to pay the cruise the Sun for January, in full. 

We are currently Ruby.  Will be sailing on the Sun in October and again in January.  Have paid both of them off early.  The October sailing is a mess, with platinums and elites grabbing up the majority of the prime slots.  Some days everything from 520-800.

The January cruise, which is 1/4-11 and 1/11-18 hasn't opened up for bookings yet.  Obviously we will go to the Maitre D as soon as we get on for our reservations.  Previously we always had a two top at 540 at a scooter accessible table.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse

14 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I find it hilarious that this deployment has gone so badly that we're wondering if something is a bug or a feature. 🤣

Not knowing isn't great. Is it worth waiting to see if the "bug" is fixed. Or do we suck it up and go with what is available, assuming it is a "feature" and options will only get worse as they book up.

18 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Maybe I don’t understand this correctly. Has anyone been able to book main dining times other than traditional??  

On Regal.  Either traditional or dine my way.

We actually plan on sorting it out on board with dining times booked as placeholders.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

49 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse

I was able to book 5 p.m. traditional shared table and 7:30 p.m. traditional private table at the same time. Once my husband got home and he confirmed his preference (a couple hours later), I deleted the one I didn’t want. But I do need to warn it took a long time to delete the one I didn’t want because I needed to do it day by day for our 16 day cruise with a lot of error messages and multiple tries each day. 

Don’t delete your original reservation and give it several tries even with error messages. It might work. Then delete the one you don’t want as soon as you can so someone else can snag it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bandp407 said:

With this new dining program, are we still unable to reserve our preference prior to final payment? I just tried again and the answer was no. We are only gold until our next cruise in a few weeks. Even then not at platinum or elite. Tempted to pay the cruise the Sun for January, in full. 

Has anyone heard otherwise? TYIA! 

Did you try the web version of the app? I don't know about the Sun but it worked well for me on Regal.

On sky I can make bookings for both soleil and cielo at various times 20 minute slots.

nothing for estrella - so I assume estella is the walk up ?

soleil and cielo both look like book a slot rather than one being the the 2 slot fixed dining ?

this is via the web app as I can’t book on the main app as not fully paid and not a vip.

Edited by paulatsea

To add in my info. I am ruby paid in full. Sailing end of September on the Diamond. Was able to book reserve time in Savoy and Vivaldi Private table.There was an option to tick a box and have same time every night but because we booked a specialty restaurant one night I didn’t, tick that. I started booking in the Savoy but on one night the time wasn’t available so switched to Vivaldi. For the Sante Fe and the Pacific Moon it said “Sorry! There are no time slots for this restaurant”. For the International Restaurant it had two time slots 17.20 and 19.50 so guessing this is the Traditional and the other 2 are the walk-in.

Thanks to the poster informing to click on the heart to check all reservations, I had no idea to do that.

It’s actually been quite fun ready all the posts. A bit like a detective story or a jigsaw puzzle, trying to work out how it works.

I have other cruises booked but they don’t show up. I presume because I haven’t paid in full for those. I think I’ll be Platinum after this cruise so that should help.

Hope you all get your bookings sorted and they stay put.

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

On sky I can make bookings for both soleil and cielo at various times 20 minute slots.

nothing for estrella - so I assume estella is the walk up ?

soleil and cielo both look like book a slot rather than one being the the 2 slot fixed dining ?

this is via the web app as I can’t book on the main app as not fully paid and not a vip.

Maybe I am totally wrong and you are correct. But I would have thought Estrella was the fixed dining ? We want fixed second sitting for a table of six. The other four at the table would be new acquaintances to us (new friends, hopefully) but I would have thought that common sense from Princess would prevail and that they would make people aware of what restaurant delivers which type of service and not just make two available to book at any time. Where's the ability to book fixed times, fixed restaurant throughout the cruise. That's what Princess promised, isn't it ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Maybe I am totally wrong and you are correct. But I would have thought Estrella was the fixed dining ? We want fixed second sitting for a table of six. The other four at the table would be new acquaintances to us (new friends, hopefully) but I would have thought that common sense from Princess would prevail and that they would make people aware of what restaurant delivers which type of service and not just make two available to book at any time. Where's the ability to book fixed times, fixed restaurant throughout the cruise. That's what Princess promised, isn't it ?

I'm on Sky in April and I can book a range of times (20 minutes apart) for Cielo Dining room. Soleil has two times, 5.30pm and 7.50pm, so that must be the Traditional (2 available times) style dining room. Estrella isn't listed so I gather that is anytime walk up.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

yes I agree - I understood one restaurant would be walk up and so no reservable.

One is reservable for multiple times.

One is reservable for 2 x fixed times.

Estrella is not shown as bookable.

Both Cielo and Soleil are bookable for multiple slots.

?

3 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I'm on Sky in April and I can book a range of times (20 minutes apart) for Cielo Dining room. Soleil has two times, 5.30pm and 7.50pm, so that must be the Traditional (2 available times) style dining room. Estrella isn't listed so I gather that is anytime walk up.

Hope that helps.

that would make sense - but I 

am on sky in October and don’t see the same !
I see Soleil with multiple slots !!

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

yes I agree - I understood one restaurant would be walk up and so no reservable.

One is reservable for multiple times.

One is reservable for 2 x fixed times.

Estrella is not shown as bookable.

Both Cielo and Soleil are bookable for multiple slots.

?

For my cruise in April, Soleil only has two time slots - 5.30pm and 7.50pm.Ceilo has multiple times. 

3 minutes ago, leck57 said:

For my cruise in April, Soleil only has two time slots - 5.30pm and 7.50pm.Ceilo has multiple times. 

Ok - mine is different - just checked again and Soleil has multiple slots for me-  I am not fully paid so maybe this is the issue - I am using the web app as cannot book on the app yet.

Or maybe it’s the dates ? Weird.

Edited by paulatsea

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

that would make sense - but I 

am on sky in October and don’t see the same !
I see Soleil with multiple slots !!

I have always been a fan of walk up as I hate having to have a set time for dinner. The last few cruises we have done, I've just played the game and booked times under sufferance but I will be going back to walk up for my Sky cruise in April. Why the difference between October and April is anyone's guess, but not surprising.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Ok - mine is different - just checked again and Soleil has multiple slots for me-  I am not fully paid so maybe this is the issue - I am using the web app as cannot book on the app yet.

Or maybe it’s the dates ? Weird.

I'm also on Sky next week and I could ask the MD what is happening when the new arrangements start, but they would probably have no idea either. Communication down the line is not a Princess strength.

• Like 1

Just now, leck57 said:

I'm also on Sky next week and I could ask the MD what is happening when the new arrangements start, but they would probably have no idea either. Communication down the line is not a Princess strength.

That would be helpful - thanks - and have a good cruise. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Z0nker said:

Ruby Princess.dining is now working. Was able to book a private table in Botticelli at 6 pm every night. Only encountered one oddity: our farthest out cruise starts just under a year from now and finishes just over a year from now. Could only reserve the nights up to the one year mark. No big, We can come back in a week or so. 

I still can't do this.  Which dining room is for same table every night, please.  Thanks for posting this encouragement.