Whales outside Ketchican from Cruise ship? Where is this place?

kad56

I just sailed Vancouver-> Whittier, and we had a brief scenic cruising moment sailing north out of Ketchican where we looked for whales from the aft deck. I think I remember the cruise naturalist said we were sailing through an natural channel called Star Point. I can't find this location on any map, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and knows the name of this geographic location that has more whales than usual. FWIW, we left Ketchican around 2pm, hit this channel around 6 pm, and we were sailing towards Juneau....

Both answers above are the same spot.

Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/6nBvRLFjF4pkVKd37

The naturalist on board pointed it out, we saw no whales but it was a very scenic (but brief) passage. Spotted some other sea life and eagles but I see why it would be a good whale watching spot. Good to be on out on the deck after dinner in between Ketchikan and Juneau indeed!

Thank you! This all makes sense given our route. I wanted it in my notes for my next trip up there :). There's so many things we passed I want to pay more attention to the second time (this area, look for whale when we're close to Aldophus point, Lynn Canal). 

• Thanks 1