What OBC is offered by Princess compared to Holland?

farjar

We are looking to book Princess for the first time although we are not first time cruisers.  Holland offers OBC to CCL shareholders, Military, Teachers, First Responders and AARP.  Besides the CCL shareholders OBC does Princess have any of the others similar to Holland?

5 minutes ago, farjar said:

We are looking to book Princess for the first time although we are not first time cruisers.  Holland offers OBC to CCL shareholders, Military, Teachers, First Responders and AARP.  Besides the CCL shareholders OBC does Princess have any of the others similar to Holland?

They were giving discounts to first responders and to teachers but haven’t seen that in quite some time.  
Princess does offer military that is now combinable with the shareholder’s credit (for a brief period, it was not).  
I’ve not seen an AARP discount on Princess but that doesn’t mean there never has been one.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They were giving discounts to first responders and to teachers but haven’t seen that in quite some time.  
Princess does offer military that is now combinable with the shareholder’s credit (for a brief period, it was not).  
I’ve not seen an AARP discount on Princess but that doesn’t mean there never has been one.  

we sailed on a Princess medical professional (ID.me?) bogo half off cruise fare and that included the

BEST2DG promo at half off for 2nd cruiser

Fare
:

Vacation Protection
:

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses
:

Total Fare
:

Total Amount Received:

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we sailed on a Princess medical professional (ID.me?) bogo half off cruise fare and that included the

BEST2DG promo at half off for 2nd cruiser

Fare
:

Vacation Protection
:

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses
:

Total Fare
:

Total Amount Received:

Those promos and discounts they offered during the restart were so great!  It was almost cheaper than staying at home.  And believe me when I say, after the lockdowns, we were ready to go cruising again and as often as possible.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Those promos and discounts they offered during the restart were so great!  It was almost cheaper than staying at home.  And believe me when I say, after the lockdowns, we were ready to go cruising again and as often as possible.  

Sky. 3 day v2.0. 12/2019. Right before. Amazing 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Sky. 3 day v2.0. 12/2019. Right before. Amazing 

We’ve racked up an average of Just over one cruise a month since the restart.  
I fear I will have to go cold turkey with the rising prices but it sure was great while it lasted!  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Princess does offer Military OBC if the military person "qualifies".  Definitely active duty and retired.  My DH is a veteran who served during the Vietnam time frame and he qualified.  The OBC varies depending on the length of the cruise.  It's $250 for a 14 day or longer cruise.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

Teachers, First responders, AARP - nice - Medical professionals?

How much based on a 7 day cruise?

combinable?

For a 7 day cruise we get $100 for Military, $100 for First Responder, $100 Shareholder for my husband. I get $100 for AARP because it is not combinable with one of his. I don't remember which but possibly his Military. Teachers are $100 also I believe and I don't know if Medical Professionals would qualify under First Responders or not. Lots of info on the Holland board site about this topic and how to apply.

Both my DW and I are retired military and we both get the military OBC, which can add up to $250 each on cruises 14 days or longer

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/military-benefit-program

We also get the CCL shareholder benefits and usually have FCDs on hand to book future cruises with which also adds OBC to our bookings.