Specialty dining (Giavanni's on AOS) question.

This will be our first time trying a specialty restaurant (looking forward to it). Have tried

to research this silly question. Are you allowed to ask for dessert to go?  I normally

enjoy dessert about an hour after eating. We are trying it for lunch.  Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Yes. We have taken dessert to go from a few different specialty restaurants. I don’t think it’s all that uncommon.

I’ll also add… don’t be afraid to ask for anything reasonable. In my experience, they will accommodate you if they can.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Allure18 said:

Thank you OCSC Mike, I don't like to be "that person" or cause a fuss, so I will ask

for it to go.  Big step for me..LOL

I get it but trust me you won’t be. We’ve been visibly stuffed at the end of a meal and servers will insist on bringing an extra dessert or taking extra to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allure18 said:

Thank you OCSC Mike, I don't like to be "that person" or cause a fuss, so I will ask

for it to go.  Big step for me..LOL

No limits to the appetizers, and we usually order a extra pasta dish to share. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

No limits to the appetizers, and we usually order a extra pasta dish to share. 

You don’t want to know how many steak & pasta dishes we ordered (for 2) at Giovanni’s Kitchen on Wonder a couple weeks ago, lol. First time trying Kitchen & we wanted to try too many things.

We were pretty full but then the desserts were amazing. Going to order differently next month… need to try the pizza & save room for extra dessert.

The waiter will be tripping over himself to accommodate you.  Order whatever you want, as much as you want and don't be afraid to tell them to put your dessert in a to go box.  They'll do it happily.

Giovanni's has become our favorite specialty restaurant.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The waiter will be tripping over himself to accommodate you.  Order whatever you want, as much as you want and don't be afraid to tell them to put your dessert in a to go box.  They'll do it happily.

Giovanni's has become our favorite specialty restaurant.

32 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You don’t want to know how many steak & pasta dishes we ordered (for 2) at Giovanni’s Kitchen on Wonder a couple weeks ago, lol. First time trying Kitchen & we wanted to try too many things.

We were pretty full but then the desserts were amazing. Going to order differently next month… need to try the pizza & save room for extra dessert.

All I can say is wow!  Now I can try Gnocchi for the first time and get my fav

Filet Mignon!!!!   Thank you for sharing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Allure18 said:

All I can say is wow!  Now I can try Gnocchi for the first time and get my fav

Filet Mignon!!!!   Thank you for sharing.

You certainly can. They will also usually make a smaller portion if there's a pasta you want to try.

Our standard entree order at Giovanni's Table (our long time favorite specialty) was a filet and a pasta for each of us just like you mentioned.