Utopia GTY

Just curious to see if anyone who’s sailing Utopia in July / early August this year who booked a GTY room has received their cabin assignment yet? I sail mid August and haven’t received mine yet. I know that you can be assigned as late as day of embarkation, but I’m just curious. 

The late July sailings must have got assigned cause a couple weeks ago they were still offering GTY's and showing plenty inventory available...but as of about last week they are pretty much now showing almost completely sold out and GTY's are gone.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nickles76 said:

I sail mid August and haven’t received mine yet.

When you check in at 45 days out, use the barcode trick to see your assignment - many here find out their assignment that way. Having a GTY cabin assigned before check in seems to be becoming rarer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

When you check in at 45 days out, use the barcode trick to see your assignment - many here find out their assignment that way. Having a GTY cabin assigned before check in seems to be becoming rarer.

But still happens.  My XN GTY on Symphony was assigned as soon as I made final payment.  

2 hours ago, njasmine said:

What's the GTY bar code trick?  I have a cruise coming up in September and I would like to be able to use this trick 

Thanks 

Not yet…you have to wait until you check in for the cruise (45 days out).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, njasmine said:

What's the GTY bar code trick?

As mentioned, you can't use it until you check in at 45 days out and have your set sail pass. Once you do, here it is...

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

Edited by OCSC Mike

My check-in day was today and my oceanview balcony gty was assigned and I can see the cabin number when I added my set sail pass to my Apple wallet.  It is actually a really decent location and I’m happy with the deal I got for booking this just a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Don't ask me why, but we are going on Utopia on 9/16/24, and I booked this cruise about two weeks ago and three days after I booked the cruise I got my cabin number.  I booked an inside guarantee and got a virtual balcony.  Never happened like that before?