Itinerary change?

Has anyone heard about any upcoming July itinerary changes involving Curaçao?  We are sailing on the Adventure on July 5th and the Curaçao Port Authority updated our arrival from the 8th to the 10th.  We have not heard about any changes from RCL or any other source.   Thanks!  

5 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

Has anyone heard about any upcoming July itinerary changes involving Curaçao?  We are sailing on the Adventure on July 5th and the Curaçao Port Authority updated our arrival from the 8th to the 10th.  We have not heard about any changes from RCL or any other source.   Thanks!  

We are on that cruise as well, and have not received any communication regarding any changes. BTW, we did this identical cruise on Adventure in April, and based on the route we took on that sailing, porting in Curacau on the 10th would be a logistical nightmare for the ship. The first two days were at sea, then Curacau, Aruba, and two more days at sea to get us back to Coco Cay on time. The only way to port in Curacau on the 10th. would be to flip the entire itinerary around and do Coco Cay first.

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

BTW, we did this identical cruise on Adventure in April, and based on the route we took on that sailing, porting in Curacau on the 10th would be a logistical nightmare for the ship. The first two days were at sea, then Curacau, Aruba, and two more days at sea to get us back to Coco Cay on time. The only way to port in Curacau on the 10th. would be to flip the entire itinerary around and do Coco Cay first.

That is exactly what happened on one of my Odyssey sailings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brent J said:

Ocean Boy, when did you find out that the itinerary change. Before the cruise or on the cruise? Thank you 

Definitely before but I can't remember how long before. It was not close to embarkation time.

2 hours ago, Brent J said:

We are on this cruise too, will be very nice to have coco cay first stop.

I prefer it as a first stop too as I like having a sea day for the last day of a cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:04 PM, Ocean Boy said:

That is exactly what happened on one of my Odyssey sailings.

On 6/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, orville99 said:

We are on that cruise as well, and have not received any communication regarding any changes. BTW, we did this identical cruise on Adventure in April, and based on the route we took on that sailing, porting in Curacau on the 10th would be a logistical nightmare for the ship. The first two days were at sea, then Curacau, Aruba, and two more days at sea to get us back to Coco Cay on time. The only way to port in Curacau on the 10th. would be to flip the entire itinerary around and do Coco Cay first.

On our recent cruise on Anthem , the whole itinerary was flipped 3 days before we sailed!!

5 minutes ago, MrsHFQ said:

On our recent cruise on Anthem , the whole itinerary was flipped 3 days before we sailed!!

Thanks, we are just wanting to see what all, if any excursions we will have to change. Now if we do Coco Cay first, it will be a treat, Im like Ocean boy, I would prefer a sea as a last day so we can rest a little, lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brent J said:

Thanks, we are just wanting to see what all, if any excursions we will have to change. Now if we do Coco Cay first, it will be a treat, Im like Ocean boy, I would prefer a sea as a last day so we can rest a little, lol

If you book your excursions through RCL, a flipped itinerary won’t make any difference - they also will flip the excursions to match. I do agree that I’d rather not have to pack wet swim suits for the trip home.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

If you book your excursions through RCL, a flipped itinerary won’t make any difference - they also will flip the excursions to match. I do agree that I’d rather not have to pack wet swim suits for the trip home.

Sounds good, thank you.

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

I beg to differ. When our cruise was flipped there were numerous problems with our RC excursions with changes and cancellations due to excursion companies not being able to provide coaches/guides on changed days at short notice

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 3:14 AM, MrsHFQ said:

I beg to differ. When our cruise was flipped there were numerous problems with our RC excursions with changes and cancellations due to excursion companies not being able to provide coaches/guides on changed days at short notice

Thank you, we still waiting to hear, the port still has a different date for us to arrive. Royal still has the same schedule so we will see.