Enchanted Princess Premium Suite question

Hello,

I have checked out the videos online and truly like the forward premium suite layout.  We aren’t worried about walking further to all the venues as I have a wee bit of a dessert addiction.  However, we usually stay as far aft as possible.  We will be sailing in the Caribbean.  Should I be concerned about wind or noise issues?  Could anyone share their experience or advice?  The other option is to play it safe with a midship mini suite.

Thanks bunches for your patience and help ahead of time.  I love to get as much information as possible when planning pricey trips.😊

21 minutes ago, cruzqueenT said:

Hello,

I have checked out the videos online and truly like the forward premium suite layout.  We aren’t worried about walking further to all the venues as I have a wee bit of a dessert addiction.  However, we usually stay as far aft as possible.  We will be sailing in the Caribbean.  Should I be concerned about wind or noise issues?  Could anyone share their experience or advice?  The other option is to play it safe with a midship mini suite.

Thanks bunches for your patience and help ahead of time.  I love to get as much information as possible when planning pricey trips.😊

We always book aft. The one time we had a very forward cabin we found the pitching to be an issue. Also we were woken at every port by the anchor dropping. This was on a very small ship 750 passengers

If you go the mini suite route go for the Reserve class so at least you will have the nicer dining. We just got off the Island 10 days in an aft suite and the free laundry was wonderful. We sent it out every morning. We are Elite so we would have had it in a mini too but I think the turn around is faster if you are in a suite. Also the Sabatini suite breakfast was terrific 

Posted (edited)

Two questions.

Are any on the lower decks available?

When will you be sailing?

Yes, it will be possible to get more motion that far forward above the bow of the ship.

And, a factor that might be bigger is how high you are.  This could be affected by high winds.

The second question is when will you be sailing.

We have been on a ship in the Caribbean twice, where there were high winds shut down the retreat pool and Sanctuary.    This was associated with strong cold fronts that can sweep down that far in the middle of Winter.  Of course, nobody can predict the weather.  But, I believe there is a higher chance of these fronts with high winds at this time of year.

We are looking at Enchanted for early Spring.

The first time, we had to change our booking closer to sailing, and had to accept a balcony on Deck 15 Forward.   Ohhhh My!!!  We were happy to spend time down on lower decks and the Piazza when we encountered that.

The second time, there were even higher winds, but no cross-wind...  And the ship handled it well.   These are pretty big ships.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, cruzqueenT said:

Hello,

We've stayed in 7 Premium Suites on 4 different Royal Class ships (but only in Western Europe, along the US West Coast and around the Med) and never experienced wind issues.   We did hear the anchor but only when walking around the room when leaving port - it's never woken us up and I am a really light sleeper. It's our cabin of choice - love the extra space in the bedroom!

P.S. Avoid the Aloha deck ones - too much balcony overhang for us. Mind you we managed to get this awesome pic in the Norwegian Fjords at 4:30AM from that same balcony!

Edited by dides