Passport Only? Canadian Departing Vancouver, BC for Alaska (Round Trip)

Hi Everyone,

First time cruising.  Extremely excited.  We're departing Vancouver, BC for Alaska (7 nights / Round Trip).

We're Canadian. 

Just confirming that we ONLY need our Canadian Passport to cruise to Alaska? 

Departing from Vancouver, BC to Alaska for 7 night round trip.

I'm assuming it's the same requirements as if we flew or drove from Canada to USA.

Only travel document required is a Canadian Passport?

Thanks for your help and calming my nerves. 

I'm an overly anxious person. 

One of my biggest fears is that I'm not correctly understanding the travel documents requirements to board an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver, BC.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

You got it - Canadian passport is all you need for immigration purposes to visit the US by land, sea or air!

While cruising does have the odd quirk, generally those are exemptions to rules which make it easier (e.g. the whole 'no passport needed for certain round-trips back to embarkation port, just show driving license and birth cert' for US citizens).

Passports remain the 'gold standard', unless there's a NEXUS lane available!

Edit - Beaten to it by Bob!

Edited by martincath

1 minute ago, martincath said:

You got it - Canadian passport is all you need for immigration purposes to visit the US by land, sea or air!

While cruising does have the odd quirk, generally those are exemptions to rules which make it easier (e.g. the whole 'no passport needed for round-trips back to embarkation port, just show driving license and birth cert' for US citizens).

Passports remain the 'gold standard', unless there's a NEXUS lane available!

Great!  Thanks!!  It's awesome being a Canadian ... so long as you have passport, easy entry requirements to the USA.

Welcome to your first day on CC. By the looks of it, you've been very busy!

In addition to the Princess forum, you might want to take a look at the roll call for your cruise. As you don't indicate the date of your departure, I can't can't provide a direct link to your roll call, but if you follow this link, you'll be able to locate your cruise: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/374-ruby-princess-roll-calls/

Enjoy your first cruise!

23 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Welcome to your first day on CC. By the looks of it, you've been very busy!

In addition to the Princess forum, you might want to take a look at the roll call for your cruise. As you don't indicate the date of your departure, I can't can't provide a direct link to your roll call, but if you follow this link, you'll be able to locate your cruise: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/374-ruby-princess-roll-calls/

Enjoy your first cruise!

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Appreciate the advice.  Yes ... it's been great! I've been saving up my questions.  We sail in August and am ready to ask questions.  Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful.  🙂🙏

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CruiseMom88 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Appreciate the advice.  Yes ... it's been great! I've been saving up my questions.  We sail in August and am ready to ask questions.  Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful.  🙂🙏

This is the place for you to ask and get great information!

Welcome!

27 minutes ago, CruiseMom88 said:

Thank you!  Glad to have joined!  Have a great day! 🙂

Since you started this discussion and this is your first cruise, when do you leave?

I can sense the excitement in your words....

We love, love, love cruising.  Hope you will too!

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Since you started this discussion and this is your first cruise, when do you leave?

I can sense the excitement in your words....

We love, love, love cruising.  Hope you will too!

We leave August 6.  Ruby Princess.  Very excited!  Been watching a lot of Youtube & reading a lot on CC forum here but I still have questions.  Since we leave soon, I thought I better start asking questions. 

I think we will love cruising also!  Just hoping to have a relaxing time ... rest & relaxation.  We stayed home many years.  My husband had emergency heart surgery during Covid.  Since then, we've been staying in Canada the last few years.  This is our first trip outside of Canada since his heart surgery.  I think cruising is a perfect fit ... no cooking, no cleaning, food, entertainment & drinks at your fingertips!  We love looking at scenery and Alaska definitely has it.  Our daughter loves photography and there's going to be so many photo ops.  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! 😍

Wow!  Exciting for you and family!

Getting out and seeing the world is the most amazing thing!

Thanks for sharing.

Aside from your questions now, we will expect a full review when you return.