Royal Caribbean Canada & New England from Baltimore, MD

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I still have Portland on my July 2025 trip. But Bar Harbor is all anti-cruise ship now so no surprise there.

There is an ongoing battle between local businesses and residents regarding a recently implemented passenger limitation by the residents for cruise ships visiting Bar Harbor capping daily cruise visitors at 1,000 per day.  Not unlike that implemented with Key West in 2020, which similarly capped daily cruise visitors at 1,500 per day. 

This will restrict most cruise lines who previously called on that port and will likely have that port of call eliminated until this is changed, if and when it is.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I still have Portland on my July 2025 trip. But Bar Harbor is all anti-cruise ship now so no surprise there.

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There is an ongoing battle between local businesses and residents regarding a recently implemented passenger limitation by the residents for cruise ships visiting Bar Harbor capping daily cruise visitors at 1,000 per day.  Not unlike that implemented with Key West in 2020, which similarly capped daily cruise visitors at 1,500 per day. 

This will restrict most cruise lines who previously called on that port and will likely have that port of call eliminated until this is changed, if and when it is.

I see.  Thanks for the answer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MissPhoeb said:

Anyone know why RC has dropped Portland and Bar Harbor, ME from their Canada & New England cruise on Vision of the Seas effective with 2025 sailings? 

Sail from Cape Liberty 

Still on the 2025 schedule. I'm going up north twice next year.