Formal Night - 3 nts cruise

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone

We are taking our first 3 nights Caribbean cruise (Reflection) and would like to know if they have a formal night. This will determine if we take our 20" suitcases or the larger one so we can fit a suit or maybe just take a long sleeve shirt and leave the jacket at home. Any thoughts on this?

If no suit required, then we may just take the 20" suitcases and bring them on board with us and disembark with them.

Thank you for your replies 😎

Edited by travellovers2

57 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

Hello Everyone

We are taking our first 3 nights Caribbean cruise (Reflection) and would like to know if they have a formal night. This will determine if we take our 20" suitcases or the larger one so we can fit a suit or maybe just take a long sleeve shirt and leave the jacket at home. Any thoughts on this?

If no suit required, then we may just take the 20" suitcases and bring them on board with us and disembark with them.

Celebrity don't have formal nights just Chic nights. No need for a jacket long sleeve shirt fine for every night. 

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

Celebrity don't have formal nights just Chic nights. No need for a jacket long sleeve shirt fine for every night. 

That's correct, now I remember it was Chic night on our Ascent cruise in February. 

So does that mean they don't have a Chic night on a 3 nights cruise? 

28 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

That's correct, now I remember it was Chic night on our Ascent cruise in February. 

So does that mean they don't have a Chic night on a 3 nights cruise? 

not sure. I dress the same for every night - long sleeved shirt, Under Armour Golf slacks (recommended by someone on another thread) lightweight and non crease.

• Like 1

On a short 3nt Caribbean cruise, the number of people who dress in special attire will be very, very low.

I used to enjoy taking two tux jackets and really dress for formal/chic night. But as travel became more of a hassle, and getting more expensive to check bags, we just don't do it at all anymore. I wear a decent shirt and chinos to dinner just about every night, so my definition of preparing for chic night is to stick a tie in the suitcase. Never more than that anymore.

That said, if you want to, or you particularly want to have photos made dressed up, then go ahead. You do you. But put away all feelings of obligation to do so .. most everyone has.

5 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

On a short 3nt Caribbean cruise, the number of people who dress in special attire will be very, very low.

I would absolutely be in the "don't dress up" for a 3 to 6 night cruise.  

IOW - dress well and look presentable, but don't pack the fancier & dressier stuff that longer cruise might entail.

The vibe of a shorter cruise definitely seems to trend much more toward casual, and it's nice not too pack too much for a shorter trip.

8 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

Hello Everyone

A suit is never required on Celebrity, even on chic nights, they don’t have formal nights.

49 minutes ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

I would absolutely be in the "don't dress up" for a 3 to 6 night cruise.  

IOW - dress well and look presentable, but don't pack the fancier & dressier stuff that longer cruise might entail.

The vibe of a shorter cruise definitely seems to trend much more toward casual, and it's nice not too pack too much for a shorter trip.

I should also add that you almost never can be too dressed up, since there are others on board who go all out.

So, if you WANT to really dress up, do it. You will not be alone, just maybe a little less of you on the shorter cruise.

I have a question sortof related to this. I'm going on Beyond on the 29th of this month. I've never been on a cruise. Can I actually walk on board with my smaller, carryon and roll it straight to my room myself? Meaning, it never leaves me. Or do I have to give all luggage to porters prior to getting onboard?

25 minutes ago, suestech said:

I have a question sortof related to this. I'm going on Beyond on the 29th of this month. I've never been on a cruise. Can I actually walk on board with my smaller, carryon and roll it straight to my room myself? Meaning, it never leaves me. Or do I have to give all luggage to porters prior to getting onboard?

Yes you can. As long as it fits through the X-ray machine. 

• Like 1