Vision of the Seas Internet--stinks!

Just off the Vision and be warned, internet in the cabin stinks.  We were on Deck 7.  The only place we could get wi-fi was in the area between the bathroom and the bed and even then it wasn't reliable.  Not on the sofa, by the desk, or on the balcony.  I didn't pay that much to have to go out to the Centrum to check my email.  People at the VOOM desk said, yes, that happens with the older ships.  There's nothing we can do about it.

FYI, other than that, the cruise was very nice. 

Kathy

Unfortunately that's a common issue on many ships and can vary from cabin to cabin. One very nice feature of Wonder and newer ships is that every cabin has its own WAP so the reception is excellent.

I was on Adventure in March and in June.  Same cabin type both times. Same deck. In March I had to be near the door. In June it was excellent anywhere in the cabin.

A flip of the coin really.

1 hour ago, CruisinCadie said:

People at the VOOM desk said, yes, that happens with the older ships. 

Pro tip - ask the cabin attendant to leave a door stop - prop the door open an inch or two, works wonders for reception. 

• Like 2

Clarification for people coming into this thread via a search, the internet on the ship was probably fine, it was just the wifi signal at the OP's cabin that sucked. Yes, they are two different things.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CruisinCadie said:

Just off the Vision and be warned, internet in the cabin stinks.  We were on Deck 7.  The only place we could get wi-fi was in the area between the bathroom and the bed and even then it wasn't reliable.  Not on the sofa, by the desk, or on the balcony.  I didn't pay that much to have to go out to the Centrum to check my email.  People at the VOOM desk said, yes, that happens with the older ships.  There's nothing we can do about it.

FYI, other than that, the cruise was very nice. 

Kathy

Sorry to hear about the internet. But happy the cruise was good otherwise. We're thinking of booking the Vision also with a deck 7 cabin. What cabin did you have and other than the internet, how did you like it?

We were in 7036.  It was right by the forward elevators, and it was surprisingly quiet.  Also very convenient--up 2 decks to the Windjammer and down 2 decks to the theatre.  It has more than enough storage space for 2 and a 3-seater sofa.   I think that it is typical of the "spacious balcony" cabins, which is what most of the ones on deck 7 are.

Kathy

On 6/23/2024 at 2:52 PM, 1025cruise said:

Clarification for people coming into this thread via a search, the internet on the ship was probably fine, it was just the wifi signal at the OP's cabin that sucked. Yes, they are two different things.

Unfortunately, we weren't the only ones with this complaint.  But I'll admit some others said it was extremely slow in their cabins, not simply confined to one small area.

Kathy (OP)

• 1 month later...