The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 24th, 2024

I've just been reading about the tourists -- at least 10 -- who have been found dead or are missing after hiking in Greece, which is even hotter than usual this summer. (Athens is the hottest capital in Europe.) Most of them are over the age of 70 and were hiking in challenging terrain.

It reminded me of when I got bitten by a tick in Oklahoma and consulted my doctor because I was leaving for Israel the following week. I had no symptoms of Lyme disease or any rash, and all he could do in that respect was tell me that if any developed, I should go to a major medical center. Then he said that Lyme was fairly rare in Oklahoma City -- I had previously lived in East Lyme, Connecticut, where it's not rare at all -- but there was a greater risk of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, which was not at all reassuring.

Then he asked me to wait while he checked on whether I needed any vaccinations. The answer to that was no, but he warned me that the greatest health risk was heatstroke. I said that Jerusalem was no hotter than Oklahoma City, and he replied that, at home, I would have the sense to not to run around in the afternoon heat, but while traveling there was no telling what FOMO might lead me to do.

• Like 13

Good morning.

Thank you to everyone who read and commented on our cruise thread on P&O yesterday.

It is 62°F and partly sunny here at 06.34 am.

It was 66°F and humid last night at 23.30pm.

I hope everyone here has a good night's sleep and a wonderful day today.

• Like 6

Good morning.

Pauline had to go to work today for 1 day so after taking her I got a cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee and went to the beach on the way home to eat it.

It is a little misty but a sea view nonetheless although not as good as our aft sea view on P&O Arvia.

I wish everyone a lovely day.

IMG_20240625_074747.jpg

IMG_20240625_082336.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Pauline had to go to work today for 1 day so after taking her I got a cheesy bacon flatbread and coffee and went to the beach on the way home to eat it.

It is a little misty but a sea view nonetheless although not as good as our aft sea view on P&O Arvia.

I wish everyone a lovely day.

IMG_20240625_074747.jpg

IMG_20240625_082336.jpg

A nice spot to relax and enjoy your coffee and cheesy flatbread.  I see a patch of blue sky!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1