Queen Anne Norwegian Fjords — H415

MylesS

Seems that the daily programmes were printed before the announcement, so according to them we’re still going to Haugesund! 

I do wonder what will happen with our tax refunds, as tomorrow was the day to have this done. My assumption is officials would come onboard to facilitate that.

4 hours ago, MylesS said:

Unfortunately Haugesund has been cancelled due to the weather tomorrow, but the captain has replaced this with what was described as a picturesque fjord, where we’ll stay until midday before departing for Southampton. 

That's unfortunate. On the Northern Lights cruise last fall, everyone at our table commented on how much they loved Haugesund. Nothing extraordinary, but a normal small city with cafes and normal stores where locals shop.  After the Arctic Train in Narvik and cable car in Tromso and several nights with the lights, we all felt that we could decompress strolling around a lovely port. 

15 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That's unfortunate. On the Northern Lights cruise last fall, everyone at our table commented on how much they loved Haugesund. Nothing extraordinary, but a normal small city with cafes and normal stores where locals shop.  After the Arctic Train in Narvik and cable car in Tromso and several nights with the lights, we all felt that we could decompress strolling around a lovely port. 

It’s a lovely place! Fortunate to have gone before. Seems like we’ll be going again as I (maybe mistakenly?) promised my partner we’d come back next year as an apology for sitting at the bar instead of watching the fjords as we pass by! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MylesS said:

It’s a lovely place! Fortunate to have gone before. Seems like we’ll be going again as I (maybe mistakenly?) promised my partner we’d come back next year as an apology for sitting at the bar instead of watching the fjords as we pass by! 🤣

We are going to HardangerFjord according to CruiseMapper 

3 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

It is. And the announcements over the loudspeakers that seem to come from Wikipedia are quite entertaining. 

Wind up. Rain started. 

Yes, sometimes the "narration" leaves a bit to be desired. It probably was mostly from Wiki, since it was a short-notice change. I do like a bit of information about what I'm seeing, but some narrations are too much. I love that a stretch of Endicott Arm (I think that's the one, maybe it's a different one) has a ban on noise, as it disturbs wildlife. The peace and quiet of sailing along a fjord is wonderful. 

• Like 2

Final day of this segment for us, and last day for others, so I think it will be a busy day and night!

Last night was a shaky one, 3 meter waves and high winds. We opted to stay in the cabin and have dinner there with some movies. 

We again have been delivered next voyage’s cruise cards, and this time with some vouchers (expiring July 2nd) that grant us 10% off in duty free, mentioning they’ll allow us the drinks in our stateroom. Possible thank you from Cunard for staying? I’m unsure 

A late start today, but relaxing with a drink before the wine tasting at 3, and archery at 5 - hopefully with the F1 qualifying in between. 

• Like 5

Wasn’t as bad last night as a QM2 crossing can be. Braved Commodore Club after dinner (most movement on ship). OH had preloaded a Kwells. All good.

Lovely now. Up on Grills Deck. So much room on the deck, and from what we’ve seen of other areas it’s generally good for space. Thought 3000 on QA would be crowded but no. Has been good all week. 

Frankly I can’t see why people have put in such poor reviews.

It’s. Not. The. QM2… and doesn’t pretend to be!!

Sure the promenade deck isn’t great (counted all the lifeboat/liferaft spaces. Reckon 5500) but the deck space knocks QM2 in to a cocked hat. Queens Room isn’t as grand and not sold on the decor but it’s much more the hub of the ship. Disappointed with Aji Wa - food very safe with virtually no spice. But PG food has been very good to excellent, and loved the window table! Service fantastic - waiter Richard from QM2, sommelier Joseph from QV, so they’ve shifted experienced staff to make it work and it does. 

Nice to have a modern stateroom though the picture quality on the TVs is really poor. The PG bathroom is as bijou as you could get - possible to sit on the loo and clean your teeth if you wanted(!) but it works. It’s fine. Why waste space with a bigger room.  Shower great - rainfall head but no good as a rainfall shower unless you are about 5ft 6 or less. I can just fit underneath…

Will be submitting full review in time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree it is hard to account for such negative reviews. I’m sure things have improved since the first few voyages in terms of slickness and general organisation, but those of us who went on the first few voyages can’t realistically have expected everything to be perfect. I also agree about the wonderful amount of deck space, both shaded and not. It is making me look forward to our Med. cruise next year.

• Like 2

The delivery delays didn't give much opportunity to sort things out.

In contrast; Oceania Vista cruised around the med with agents on board for about ten days before it's maiden. I saw hundreds of photos of it on Facebook.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I agree it is hard to account for such negative reviews. I’m sure things have improved since the first few voyages in terms of slickness and general organisation, but those of us who went on the first few voyages can’t realistically have expected everything to be perfect. I also agree about the wonderful amount of deck space, both shaded and not. It is making me look forward to our Med. cruise next year.

All aspects have been well run. Had a Cream Tea in Queens Room yesterday. As efficient as QM2. Just having one now on Grills Terrace in bright sunshine. Lovely. 

• Like 2

Relaxing evening with dinner and our favourite show on Queen Anne: Imagination.

The stage and equipment in the Theatre really is impressive to me, and I’m sure with all these different shows using various parts of it, Cunard are getting their monies worth of it! 

A little upset about the purser who seemed to refuse my request of tomorrow’s daily programme, as it’s “only for in-transit guests” - to which when I said I was, was then told “well nothing is running in the morning so just wait until tomorrow” — oh well.

Time to pack in anticipation for tomorrow’s cabin move, along with the anticipation of what will be on tomorrow! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Relaxing evening with dinner and our favourite show on Queen Anne: Imagination.

The stage and equipment in the Theatre really is impressive to me, and I’m sure with all these different shows using various parts of it, Cunard are getting their monies worth of it! 

A little upset about the purser who seemed to refuse my request of tomorrow’s daily programme, as it’s “only for in-transit guests” - to which when I said I was, was then told “well nothing is running in the morning so just wait until tomorrow” — oh well.

Time to pack in anticipation for tomorrow’s cabin move, along with the anticipation of what will be on tomorrow! 

That’s really rather pathetic - the Purser’s, I mean. Still you should have a nice day in Soton tomorrow.

Well, I will comment on the problems and on the amazing.

We’ve just had a knock on the door and been handed an envelope with compliments from the Guest Service Manager. 

Inside? Tomorrow’s daily programme! Fantastic! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

Well, I will comment on the problems and on the amazing.

We’ve just had a knock on the door and been handed an envelope with compliments from the Guest Service Manager. 

Inside? Tomorrow’s daily programme! Fantastic! 

Still a shame it happened but good recovery ! Thanks for the update.  Enjoy turnaround day.

• Thanks 1

Cunard still produce ridiculous amounts of paper. There should at least be an option to have programmes and menus that are delivered to the room delivered electronically instead (yes, the program is on the “app” so why the wasteful paperwork?)

(we also had EIGHT disembarkation luggage tags delivered!!) 

other bugbear? The Tiptree jam pots - so environmentally nuts; glass and metal for a tiny amount of jam. Clotted cream is served dolloped- why not jam? 

and no, recycling (if it happens), is not the answer. “Reduce” is best. Recycling is a sticking plaster.  

Yes, a cruise ship is environmentally unfriendly so at least they could at least start trying 

2 minutes ago, rakkor said:

The Daily Programme is delivered electronically, but not everyone is "connected" - I like the menus idea though, it'd save me a lot of scanning, for my Blog, which I hate doing.

Yes they are delivered electronically, but they don’t ask if you don’t want the paper version. I’d be ok not to have one 

Evening menus are available in the restaurant menu in the morning. Why do you also need them the night before? 

Cruise companies have a terrible environmental footprint. They could at least do a little something to try to improve it. 

(If you do a blog you could use a screenshot for it - even easier than scanning!) 

1 minute ago, buchanan101 said:

Evening menus are available in the restaurant menu in the morning. Why do you also need them the night before? 

(If you do a blog you could use a screenshot for it - even easier than scanning!) 

The room copies in the Grills are a godsend for my blog, I just collect them each day and take the lot home, but in Britannia I have to ask the staff if I can have the menus at the end of the cruise and rely on them delivering  (doesn't work for anytime dining @Host Hattie please note) which is why Daily Menus page is a bit hit and miss.

I do screenshot the Daily Programme from the intranet, and use an app to convert the screenshots to PDFs, as you say far easier and allows for Live From publishing

Personally I love all the paper copies which I keep and look at over the years. My husband was vaguely peeved that they no longer deliver Britain Today unless asked for. But obviously they should give the choice. It is just that everything is so much easier to read if it is on paper. We found the menus arrived after breakfast not the night before, though having them then is useful for people who need to make adjustments, like a low salt version.