Queen Anne Norwegian Fjords — H415

MylesS

21 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The daily programme IS on the “app”. Be quite happy to tick a box saying no to printed programme. As a shareholder those inks can’t be cheap. 

As for the little Tiptree pots. So wasteful! 

I know we are not very green going cruising but doesn’t mean Cunard can’t try to be a little greener…

Agree with you on the Tip Tree pots, but if they did remove the little pots there would be howls  about cost cutting, dropping standards etc, I guess we should be grateful that the little bottles of Shower gel etc have gone. The only good thing about the tip tree pots is they are segregated in the waste and presumabilly recycled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buchanan101 said:

Yes, so give the option… never said get rid of paper 

There could be more use of the TV, but was unimpressed by the picture quality of live TV. It was shockingly poor.. a waste of a good TV.  

Our television quality was fine, apart from when there was no signal and then some programmes were blank, but then we weren't in the fjords.

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Would have been interesting to do a quick poll of passengers on the second cruise to see the percentage of smart phone users.

I suspect it wouldn't have been 'most'. 🙂

On the other hand, if we had counted those using quill pens…😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Agree with you on the Tip Tree pots, but if they did remove the little pots there would be howls  about cost cutting, dropping standards etc, I guess we should be grateful that the little bottles of Shower gel etc have gone. The only good thing about the tip tree pots is they are segregated in the waste and presumabilly recycled.

They are, as we found out on a galley tour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poole Boy said:

Glass is quite energy consumptive in its manufacture (that’s why Fevertree shares fell after Russia invasion of Ukraine - cost of the glass bottles). Best not to make the glass in the first place…and steel for the lids… all for a dollop of jam that because it’s in tiny pots never has bits of fruit in it…

4 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

And there is the reassurance that you are getting quality jam. An anonymous scoop could be anything, though much more sensible.

• Like 1

Just now, buchanan101 said:

Recycling is way down the green hierarchy. Better than nothing but still just a sticking plaster. 

Better if they were returned to Tiptree

And how do you know they're not? I haven't a clue so wouldn't presume to comment there.

May I suggest on your next, if there is a next, Cunard cruise, you ask for a tour of the galley and ask about the recycling and waste management.

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

May I suggest on your next, if there is a next, Cunard cruise, you ask for a tour of the galley and ask about the recycling and waste management.

The Environmental Officer if you catch them at a cocktail party is a great way to learn as well if either have the chance.

I had a really good chat on the maiden voyage with them regarding how Queen Anne is more efficient to the other ships. 

43 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you there ....

Sorry? The lids are made from steel AFAIK?

There’s a shed load of raw material and energy to go in to packaging a tiny amount of jam. Recycling the containers gets a little bit back (but clear glass cannot be recycled as clear) 

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

And how do you know they're not? I haven't a clue so wouldn't presume to comment there.

That’d be reusing not recycling (strictly speaking).  I hope that they are. Be a lot better. Better still, dollop the jam like the cream… put it in Tiptree branded containers…

i think I need to write to Cunard!! 😉

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Our television quality was fine, apart from when there was no signal and then some programmes were blank, but then we weren't in the fjords.

This was mid ocean. Very poor resolution, and occasional picture freeze. Assumed same for everyone? And assume it comes via satellite so wouldn’t make much difference if in fjords? 

33 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I prefer my jam/ marmalade/ honey in the individual sealed  glass pots.Tip Tree is a brand I buy regularly at home and probably wouldn’t eat it if it  just came in generic open pots without knowing the origin/ brand. 

Now, if Cunard made there own jam, that would be different.

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Now, if Cunard made there own jam, that would be different.

Well yes I would go for that. It’s annoying the Cunard beer is brewed at a local artisan brewery In Salisbury that is open to the public for on and off sales but the Cunard Beer is not available for public  sale which is a shame as it’s a big favourite of both my son in laws. 

17 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I prefer my jam/ marmalade/ honey in the individual sealed  glass pots.Tip Tree is a brand I buy regularly at home and probably wouldn’t eat it if it  just came in generic open pots without knowing the origin/ brand. 

I'm a great recycler, bin night in our household is a great source of pride but I too am always pleased to see the individual pots available at hotels, what my husband and children can do to a large pot of jam in a matter of minutes is stomach churning, the butter and crumbs start festering in the jam that is left out in the warm kitchen and it becomes quite the science experiment.  I have to hide a jar of Bonne Maman under the veg in the fridge to keep my sacred jar from contamination.  My family must have built up quite the immune system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2