My. McKinley Lodge luggage handling

Posted (edited)

We just returned from a 15 day cruisetour. Our Travel Summary and other documents had this message about luggage delivery at the McKinley lodge. 

20240624_201636.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Outerdog said:

And here it is in the Itinerary page on the princess.com website right now.

image.png.be3f14bb6bfa5ee45fafeca69a531ad1.png

Ridiculous indeed!

Sadly nobody reads anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately the message in Paula’s post was not on our documents.  Wished it had been. We would have packed our carry ons differently. This incident didn’t occur on our transport to Denali but from the Anchorage hotel to McKinley Wilderness Resort. There is again no warning on our instructions but we are being cautious preparing for our transport to Danali today. 
‘I do read, however, preparing for a trip during a busy life doesn’t always allow time to review all postings on a web site. 

I think it's important that readers understand Princess does a really great job communicating the luggage logistics. They put it all over the place. It's on the itinerary, it's on the travel summary. There's great detail in the attached information booklet from Princess. There's tons of info from third parties who explain it all in great detail.

I'm all for holding Princess accountable, but they get it right  in this area. Having been on about 10 Alaska cruises, I am currently planning my first cruise tour coming up in 2025. It took minimal effort to learn about the luggage logistics. Minimal effort.

alaska-cruisetours-overview-what-to-expect.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Like 2