Carnival Website Issue - Price increase while booking

Has anyone ever experienced this issue on the website:

- We found a cruise we liked that priced out to be 2,000 on the nose (including taxes, etc), but not gratuities

- After booking, the amount changed to 2,495 (after taxes but not gratuity) I specifically remember seeing the 2k before I hit submit and saw the balance go down to 1,700 when I made the deposit.

- After this happened, I found the 2k deal and video taped each step and saw this happen again; so that eliminated the possibility of user error and can show it’s a website issue. The price for each person was different but port fees were the same.

Carnival cannot recreate this issue on only show the 2,495 price. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them and sent them the video; then all of a sudden we got disconnected! 

Has anyone see this or have any ideas on how I can get this resolved without spending another 1.5 hours on the phone?

i too have a similar issue. carnival can not see their website pricing on whatever system they are using when i call in a price adjustment

Are you booking the same rate code? The new booking engine is bad about switching rate codes on me. I often have to go back and specifically select the rate code I want.

This is why I book all my cruises with a TA - they use a different booking system than what is exposed to customers on carnival.com and they have an easier time using the specific rate codes I want.