Uniworld. Can you walk laps on top deck?

edgee

Considering Uniworld. Reviewing on line videos and deck plans. Unlike many other river cruise lines Uniworld top decks do not appear to have a running/ walking track. Is it possible to do exercise walking on the ship, or does no marked walking oval mean that chairs are often in the way?

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Considering Uniworld. Reviewing on line videos and deck plans. Unlike many other river cruise lines Uniworld top decks do not appear to have a running/ walking track. Is it possible to do exercise walking on the ship, or does no marked walking oval mean that chairs are often in the way?

I have only sailed one Uniworld, but have looked at many YouTube videos of Uniworld river ships.

Although I would say that the ones I am familiar with do not have actual designated "tracks" that you walk on, you can certainly still walk laps around the outside of the ship.

I would say that no, chairs are not in the way as crew would generally always prefer clear walking paths.

I would also suggest that the best time - track or not - is early in the day and not when the sun deck is fully populated.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I would also suggest that the best time - track or not - is early in the day and not when the sun deck is fully populated.

But not too early, like not until breakfast is finished. The people in the cabins below will be disturbed by the noise, not everyone is an early bird. 

12 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

But not too early, like not until breakfast is finished. The people in the cabins below will be disturbed by the noise, not everyone is an early bird. 

Yes, I have been on that deck and runners are a challenge, but for us in the deck 3 cabins we have never been disturbed by people walking.

But overall agree with you.